kioti dk 35 stuck in 4 wheel drive

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Can you elaborate on the situation?

Is the tractor in condition right now where it can be driven?

Have you checked linkages?

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Standard advice for a jammed 4x4 SUV is to drive backwards making S-curves, to unwind the the tension in the driveline.

If that won't do it, jack up one front corner to release the tension.

Or even lift front and rear tires on the same side, block the tires on the opposite side, then run it in gear (slowly!!!) for a moment, forward and reverse, while tugging on the lever. Assuming the diff lock isn't engaged, the lifted tires should turn without turning the side that is still on the ground. Think safety, don't do this where leaping off the jacks could hurt anything.

Beyond that, it might be broken parts.

Tell us how this turns out!

DK35vince

Try spraying penetrating oil on the 4 wd shift linkage where the shaft goes into the transmission housing.
I've read posts in the past where other Kioti owners were having the same issue and it was the shaft getting corrosion on it where it enters the transmission housing.
Spraying it with penetrating oil solved the problem.

mark57

thanks I'll give it a try. It wasn't that big a deal until I was mulching the yard and stuck in 4X4 it will mess some grass up.

Myk

Try spraying penetrating oil on the 4 wd shift linkage where the shaft goes into the transmission housing.
I've read posts in the past where other Kioti owners were having the same issue and it was the shaft getting corrosion on it where it enters the transmission housing.
Spraying it with penetrating oil solved the problem.

Yes had the same problem with the lever stuck, just bought my DK 35 last week an 05 model. The above action worked for me.

BigAl

Take the weight off the front end using your front loader and it will pop right out of 4X4 gear easily .

boyce5

Time to go "old school". Put it in gear and let the clutch out just enough to line the gears up like we used to do on the old old tractors to get the PTO to engage. Our expectations for the new stuff is to high some times and we need to just go back to the old basic of what gears do. They need to line up. Worked on my 4510 when the same thing happened to me. Made my face red when someone else told me the simple answer. Good Luck