Just got here

Bindian

Hi Y'all.:wave: Dougster told me about this site.:oops: I am divorced and living on 5 acres. I have been an aircraft mechanic for 29 years and the last 15 with Southwest Airlines.:cool: I live on 5 acres, an hour north of Houston. I play on a Mahindra 6520 4WD that I named the Big Red Beast. It has a ML 275 FEL and a Braco 511 BH. I have more than enough stumps for the BH to earn it's keep. I plan on building a pond with it and clean out my gully. I plumbed the BH to run my Danuser hydraulic PHD. I tend to play too much with it. :soapbox: I have done a video for Mahindra and currently write a blog for them. I came to this site because the other one is boring without Dougster, Ed, and Brian.:badidea::):rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi.................Yes, I am a :D girl!

Attachments

• 5-12-07 thumb deployed resized 2.jpg
    5-12-07 thumb deployed resized 2.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 5-14-07 All Red resized 2.jpg
    5-14-07 All Red resized 2.jpg
    356.4 KB · Views: 420
  • 5-14-07 First time mowing resized 2.jpg
    5-14-07 First time mowing resized 2.jpg
    379.2 KB · Views: 363
  • 5-27-07 PHD Ops Ck resized 2.jpg
    5-27-07 PHD Ops Ck resized 2.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 419
  • 8-5-07 Stump .vs Brandi & the Big Red Beast cropped.jpg
    8-5-07 Stump .vs Brandi & the Big Red Beast cropped.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 407

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Brandi! I'm glad you came over here and joined up. We are small in number but have a whole lot of experienced tractor users. :thumb:
Are you talking about TBN as the 'other' tractor forum? Just curious.

It tickles me to see someone join and start right off posting. Less than 24 hours here and already you have 7 posts. Outstanding!!!!! Rep points for you, and for Dougster for referring you here. :thumb:

GREAT pics. Nice place you have there. I've never used a hydraulic PHD. Can you compare it to a mechanical one?

Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

Mith

Welcome Brandi!

You certainly have excellent taste in colour, red truck, trailer and tractor! :D

B

bczoom

Welcome to the forum!!!

You certainly have excellent taste in colour, red truck, trailer and tractor! :D
Yep, everything is color coordinated and I won't hold it against you that it's a Dodge. :whistle:

How did you up as an aircraft mechanic? What do you do (powerplant, avionics...)?

Mark777

Hi Brandi and another Welcome from me.

Nice equipment, very cool intro and look forward to more and future posts...

Mark

Bindian

jbrumberg,
Jim Slagle,
larryRB,
Mark777,
PBinWA,
Thanks for the warm welcome. It is real nice here.
hugs, Brandi

B

bczoom

jbrumberg,
Jim Slagle,
larryRB,
Mark777,
PBinWA,
Thanks for the warm welcome. It is real nice here.
hugs, Brandi
Dang... One comment about her truck being a Dodge and I don't even get a hug for the welcome. :sad:

Hey Mith - You spelled color wrong (colour) so I guess you're out of the hug as well. I'm glad you didn't mention the tires (or tyres) or that would be a double-typo and she would probably never talk to you. :whistle: :mrgreen:

Just kidding Brandi. :wink:

Bindian

Hi Brandi! I'm glad you came over here and joined up. We are small in number but have a whole lot of experienced tractor users. :thumb:
Are you talking about TBN as the 'other' tractor forum? Just curious.

It tickles me to see someone join and start right off posting. Less than 24 hours here and already you have 7 posts. Outstanding!!!!! Rep points for you, and for Dougster for referring you here. :thumb:

GREAT pics. Nice place you have there. I've never used a hydraulic PHD. Can you compare it to a mechanical one?

Enjoy and post often. :thumb:
Doc,
It is nice to be here. I was referring to TBN. I didn't know if I could spell it out here. It would have been more than 7 posts, but it was close to 3 A. M. and as it is, I didn't get up early enough today. Can you direct me to where I can read about these Rep points you are referring about? Can Dougster trade them in for peanut butter sandwiches?:confused:
I rented a 3PH RTO driven PHD and used it on my Ford 3055. It was dull and I was augering into hard packed clay. I hated the thing. I had to finish the holes with my manual PHDs. Months later, when I was recoupering from elbow surgery when I was waiting for my ordered Mahindra to arrive, I though I could use a Hydraulic PHD. I will be putting in a corral for horses and was thinking with a backhoe, I could use hydraulics and dig 3 or 4 holes withour moving the tractor. So I researched PHDs and liked Danuser's models and prices. My Mahindra dealer just happened to be a Danuser dealer. So I added the PHD to my tractor package. I dug a test hole near my barn where the rented PTO driven rental would not work. The
Danuser augered in almost at idle and the Backhoe Boom worked great with down pressure. You can also buy a bracket to use the PHD on your loader bucket. I spent about $115 to modify the swivel knuckle to fit my backhoe. I modified the bucket actuator lines with QDs so I can run the PHD with the bucket curl joystick. It is a sweet package. Guess I need to post a thread on it and photos!
hugs, Brandi

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That hydraulic PHD sounds awesome. I didn't realize it works off of the backhoe arm. Someone had their thinking cap on when they came up with that. What a good idea. :thumb:

Rep points .... Thanks for the reminder. I had never explained rep points here on NTT. I'll set up a sticky for all to see after posting this.

Reputation points = your reputation here on NTT
You can see what your points are in your User Control Panel (aka UCP or CP)
In there you will also see the last 6 entries by those who have given you points (or taken away points) from you.

Everyone starts out with 10 points.

Anyone can add to or take away from your reputation, unless their reputation is less than 10 points, then they cannot give you good or bad rep points (to clarify: bad rep points subtract from your total rep points, while good points add to your total points).

If a user with less than 20 posts or a user with less than 10 rep points attempts to give you rep points, the attempt will show in your UCP, like all others, but it will show as zero points, in other words no impact to your overall rep.

Everyone except the admin starts with a rep power of 1, meaning you can give or take away 1 point when you add to or take away from someone's rep.

For every 365 days you are a member you gain 1 rep power point. For every 1000 posts you gain 1 rep power point. So for example say you've now been a member for 1 year and posted 2000 times. You then have a rep power of 4. When you add or take away from another users rep you would be giving or taking away 4 rep points.

point breakdown:
1 you started with
1 you earned for 365 days of being a member
2 you earned by your total number of posts
Total = 4 That is also called your rep power.

The rep points indicate folks liking your posts or not liking them. When you see a post you like (or don't like) you click on the scales in the upper right hand corner along the top edge of the post. This will let you either agree or disagree with the post. Comments are optional but encouraged.

One last note, you cannot give rep points to any one particular member all the time. The system keeps track of who you've given to. You have to spread the points around to other users before you can return and give more to the same users. Currently that number is set to 4, but with time as we gain more active members the number will automatically increase.

Bindian

Welcome to the forum!!!

Yep, everything is color coordinated and I won't hold it against you that it's a Dodge. :whistle:

How did you up as an aircraft mechanic? What do you do (powerplant, avionics...)?
bczoom,
Thanks for the warm welcome. Won't hold it against me?:badidea: Well, Peterbilt doesn't make a 3/4 or 1 ton pickup.:wink: It is the closest I could get and still drive 62 miles one way to work. What do you drive? Let me guess.........a Ford?:oops:
I was going to be a corporate pilot. A counselor from Spartan Aeronautical University told me I should get my aircraft mechaincs liscense and hang out at the airport and work my way up flying while working. I did and realized I liked working with my hands, as I specialize in Sheetmetal repairs. I also saw that the corporate pilots were eating out of vending machines and waiting all day in airport lobbys for their bosses and I decided I wanted to just work on them instead of fly them. I work all over the aircraft. Southwest doesn't specialize except for major sheetmetal repairs or repetitive avionics routine checks. I could work on a toilet one night and a landing gear the next night. It is an awesome career.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

So ya know Dougster, do ya?:whistle: I'll try not to hold that against you:yum: :poke: (Just joshin!)

Welcome :wave:
Farmwithjunk,
Thanks for the warm welcome. I just know Dougster online, as I am down in Texas and he is way up in tax land:letitsnow:. I know you and Dougster are good friends.:boxing::yum::yum:. My turn to :poke: at you two.:yankchain:
hugs, Brandi

Bindian

Dang... One comment about her truck being a Dodge and I don't even get a hug for the welcome. :sad:

Hey Mith - You spelled color wrong (colour) so I guess you're out of the hug as well. I'm glad you didn't mention the tires (or tyres) or that would be a double-typo and she would probably never talk to you. :whistle: :mrgreen:

Just kidding Brandi. :wink:
bczoom,
I can see by your user name you are fast, but you jumped the gun this time.:oops: See my post above directed just to you.
doublehugs, Brandi

B

bczoom

OK, cool!!! I got "doublehugs". :thumb: That was worth the wait. :mrgreen:

Oh, and my truck is a GMC. :whistle:

As for coordinating, I don't believe I have 2 things that are the same color. When you look in my buildings, you get more of a rainbow affect. Mrs. Zoom straightened me out some as all the kids ATV's are the same color.

Bindian

That hydraulic PHD sounds awesome. I didn't realize it works off of the backhoe arm. Someone had their thinking cap on when they came up with that. What a good idea. :thumb:

Doc,
I got the idea from DBKlug or BDKlug (something like that) on TBN. He runs backhoes and trackhoes. It is an awesome setup. No rocks here, but if you hit a rock...............just reverse and pull out.
Thanks for explaining the points also.:thumb:
hugs, Brandi