Hello from KY

mongoose

Hello everyone, I just wanted to formally introduce myself. I am from KY, grew up on a farm, milked cows for someone else for about 10 years & now work in the industry. I love tractors & talking about them.

Dougster

Old Member
Hello everyone, I just wanted to formally introduce myself. I am from KY, grew up on a farm, milked cows for someone else for about 10 years & now work in the industry. I love tractors & talking about them.
Welcome to the friendly tractor website Mongoose! :wave: I will officially forgive you in advance for being from the state of Kentucky. You will certainly find LOTS of your "Bluegrass State" brothers here. :mrgreen:

Dougster :starbucks:

Bindian

Mongoose,
Welcome!:wave: Don't pay any mind to Dougster. He has just had too much :starbucks: What all toys do you work with?
hugs, Brandi

N

Nicahawk

Welcome aboard mongoose, a lot of good folks here.:wave: Tell us about your tractor experiences and post some pictures. WE all love pictures! Look forward to your future posts.

Howdy neighbor!

First off, you have to over look some of these east coast coffee swillin' YANKEE's. There seems to be a lot of 'em showin' up here. Oh well, there goes the neighborhood.

And Ol' DOUGSTER, well, he's the semi-unofficial spokesperson at large for the eastern contingient. So he needs "special treatment":rolleyes:

But anyway, WELCOME. There's a few of us Kentuckians on here. Fortunatly, we're here serving as missionaries of sorts, trying to edjimucate these poor misguided folks. They need all the help we can offer.

Bill

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Mongoose. Thanks for joining up and posting your intro. Rep points for you. :D
I think you'll enjoy this forum. We have lots of good folks here, and we all love to talk tractors.
Enjoy and post often. :thumb:

rback33

Welcome aboard mongoose! Don't worry about Doug.. Jay only lets him out of his cage when the snow isn't flying...:letitsnow:

Junk will heard him back soon enough....:eek:

jbrumberg

rback33:

I have not done a very good job reigning in the Ol' Dougster lately :pat: . In fact I have been a :starbucks: enabler :eek: . The weather patterns are starting to change next week. Hopefully he will be able to stay in :starbucks: and give the gruel a break :puke1: . Jay :letitsnow:

PS: I still watch weather charts all the time since I have very little else I am allowed to do :(. I am "allowed" to drive the tractor so with today's rain and "fast freeze" event in my area of NE I fired up the tractor and used my box blade/scraper to break up the icefield of a driveway I have had. The BB does a good job. :cool:

Dougster

Old Member
Welcome aboard mongoose! Don't worry about Doug.. Jay only lets him out of his cage when the snow isn't flying...:letitsnow: Junk will heard him back soon enough....:eek:
Actually, the combination psychological & high caffeine therapy that Jay has been prescribing for me lately has been a big plus. :thumb: Just got back from Starbucks :starbucks: and am mighty feelin' dang fine right about now! :D

As for the Junk (a.k.a., the fearless leader of the Kentucky Delegation), he has been behaving himself rather gentlemanly lately... at least on this website... and not trying to make any more trouble in the infamous antiques® vs. classics® debate! :) I think he's been too busy with them expensive new tractors of his and all them fancy trailer mods. ;)

Dougster

Old Member
He may well be, but who am I to say, seeing as to how I'm OLDer:pat:
You can't be that much older there Junk... and I'm sure that I FEEL a lot older than you simply due to our respective jobs, bank accounts and places in society. But this misses the point of my special title! :)

My unique title is clearly a special badge of honor that recognizes my vast & overwhelming knowledge and experience... gained over my many productive years... in many different roles... in many different countries and continents. :cool:

Calendar years aside, most of you here are mere children by comparison! :mrgreen: :respect: :thumb: