Out the loft window..........

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Sitting here with a word of "thanks" for this life............Most of you in the North experience this most every day from November through March. For us here in N.W. Georgia, it is a rare day.

To have the warmth of the wood stove glowing down below to heat the day,
grand babies spending the night to stand at the door with wide eyes and smiles.
Of course Grandpa will take them up the hill to play the cold away.
Just glad I have this life so grand, to have it here not move a mile............
God bless........Dennis

Attachments

• Loft Window.jpg
    Loft Window.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 190

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Love the pic Dennis. :thumb:
For the last 15 years we'd get a little snow and it would be gone a few days later. Not even enough to fire up the tractor to play in or move the snow around. This year has been different. We've had white on the ground for a month now, and the temps are staying below freezing so it is not going away any time soon. Not complaining ...just the way it is. No prob. We can handle it and give thanks to have such a beautiful spot in this great country.

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Hope you enjoy your snow. We have been enjoying what we got. Think we got around 4-5 inches. Pretty good snow for this part of the country. I actually got to scrape a little snow off the road before it froze hard tonight. IMG_0267.jpg

cpsseals

I'm glad your are enjoying what we take so much for granted. It's been a hard year for us as my wife has a serious back injury that has prevented us from partaking in our usual snowy endeavours. The ski passes have been collecting dust.
Being the caring and sharing type I'm going to do my best to send you southerners as much of our excess snow as possible. That's till next year when we can start skiing again, then you'll just have to come up here for a visit.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hope you enjoy your snow. We have been enjoying what we got. Think we got around 4-5 inches. Pretty good snow for this part of the country. I actually got to scrape a little snow off the road before it froze hard tonight. View attachment 9038

HEY Bud..........how did you get through my electric gate, past the road sensors and the camera alarms, and boy oh boy were those livestock guard dogs sleeping..........

That looks just like my 1/2 mile road that goes up the mountain, around the top and back down to the house...............Good seat time doing that, pulling grand babies in the sled with the RTV, and watching them build that snowman..............

BUT...........the best thing was the 2 phone calls I got from the old blind guy down the road, and the little old lady that has pretty much feebled up lately..........both thanking me for showing up and cleaning up their drives..........So good to just be alive, and follow what He shows you to do................God bless......Dennis

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
So glad to read that at least a few of you enjoy the magic of a northern winter. Sure, we get tired of it by March, but the dramatic changes of the seasons is a marvel to experience. Having 30" of ice on the Lake and at least that much snow in the woods makes for a welcomed set of challenges that then lead to the promise and birth of spring. Cheers.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Once, believe it or not...........Serenity was kind of the norm around this place....with a few knucklehead jokes and stuff from time to time..........but then as NOW....good folks...God bless..........Dennis

cchaffee

BUT...........the best thing was the 2 phone calls I got from the old blind guy down the road, and the little old lady that has pretty much feebled up lately..........both thanking me for showing up and cleaning up their drives..........So good to just be alive, and follow what He shows you to do................God bless......Dennis

Dennis
I've plowed for years. The kubotruck has made it more enjoyable. I have always done it to help, not for monetary gain. I refuse to take money. Its a joy because I have been blessed.

I do accept baked goods however and the occasional beer from an old fellow. A man can be bought that way

Tailrotor

This is looking outside my kitchen window. I thank God everyday to live here and for what he has given me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 135

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Well the snow is slowly melting away here. The old timers always say if it lays on the ground for three days it is waiting on some more to come. On day two here now I think it will be waiting on some more!IMG_0215.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

tlk

I am born and raised in Texas so snow is foreign to me. Pretty to look at but you can have it. We are all blessed to live in a country with diverse weather and season while enjoying the freedom to live where we wish

Fitch

Rain, shine, sleet, snow, the RTV gets it done.

Fitch

Attachments

• IMG_1089.jpg
    IMG_1089.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 57