RTV 1100 drive shaft

rtv1100

Hello, new to the forum, Have a couple of RTV 1100s I am trying to bring back to life as one good unit, that being said I cannot figure out how to get the drive shaft [ I believe Kubota calls it the propeller shaft] from the machine. My friend said he believes you push the shaft forward towards the front pumpkin and it is spring loaded and will clear the spline on the transmission and pull out. I cannot get the shaft to slide forward at all on the rear spline with a fair amount of pressure on a pry bar, I do not want to damage anything by forcing it, any ideas?

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Hello, new to the forum, Have a couple of RTV 1100s I am trying to bring back to life as one good unit, that being said I cannot figure out how to get the drive shaft [ I believe Kubota calls it the propeller shaft] from the machine. My friend said he believes you push the shaft forward towards the front pumpkin and it is spring loaded and will clear the spline on the transmission and pull out. I cannot get the shaft to slide forward at all on the rear spline with a fair amount of pressure on a pry bar, I do not want to damage anything by forcing it, any ideas?

Hey buddy, I pulled the ipl and I didn't see any springs in the coupler or shaft you have probably figured it out by now wish we were more help.

cowrider

I can't get the shaft off of my transmission ether. I don't want to force it, afraid of breaking the case. It does pull back and off the front differential without much effort.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Soak it with penitrating oil several times through out the day and beat the collar while pulling on the shaft or just cut the collar with a torch if you have another try heating and beating the collar but not the shaft