X1100 starting and stopping (engine braking)

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the servo has to be centered using a set of pressure gauges. if you think it has been tampered with then you can either purchase the gauges and adjust it yourself or let a dealer shop do it for you. if you don't have creep then your servo is OK. at what speeds do you feel the jerky? are you positive the oil in the HST is Kubota Super UDT II?

zenchal26

It’s a sudden start from dead stop. Push pedal and it jumps fwd or rev. The pressure gauge is to adjust creep by adjusting the adjustment on the bottom of the hst. I’m taking about the adjustment on top of the hst. I just replaced all fluids and filters so positive it’s super udt2.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
do you have a WSM? in order to adjust the servo it takes two pressure gauges so you can adjust the servo piston that the pressure are equal on both sides. maybe we are talking about a different adjustment? i will say that my X1100C is pretty snappy on take off but not enough to make you bump your head on the rear rest. when you push down on the peddle real slow does your engine rpm come up before the hast begins to turn the wheels?

zenchal26

so how far is the hst rod supoda move before the throttle moves? My old 900 the hst hardly moves at all if any before throttle moves

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i will try to clear this up for you. i am sorry i can't be more clear so please feel free to ask anything. the belcrank is actually a series of cams that are all fixed with the only adjustments being the peddle,the control cable end,the Hst speed control linkage and the throttle cable. you need to start with the belcrank in it's neutral detente and the control cable the hast linkage and the throttle cable disconnected. then proceed to adjust the throw of the peddle travel. you want to adjust the peddle stop so that the peddle hits the stop just as it reaches it's maximum travel. then with the peddle at it's upper limit you need to connect the control cable to the belcrank. if you have to depress the peddle to attach then adjust the control cable end to fix the wasted movement. then proceed to the HST speed lever linkage. with the peddle against the stop and the control cable end attached to the belcrank you need to turn the adjustment rod on the hst linkage to make the hst speed lever to it's max and then back off just a little so it isn't against the stop. then adjust the length of the throttle cable with the peddle against the stop until the lever on the fuel pump is just against the high limit screw. then proceed with the peddle at rest and the belcrank in it's detente check the throttle cable to see if the fuel lever is at rest on the low limit screw. then after cycling the peddle some recheck everything. after you are comfortable with everything you can start the machine and see if you have any creep with the engine idling and in gear. if you have creep you will need to readjust the hst speed control linkage a little to correct. if you get it right then as you step on the peddle everything will move at the same time.

zenchal26

I have done all this guess when my coast valve comes in I will triple check the adjustments, then mess with the servo adjustment