My 'toys' made me sore.

urednecku

Some of ya'll might remember last Feb. I found some 'new-to-me' toys.
I've spent who-knows-how-many hours working on all of it getting it ready to use. FINALLY---the rain that started last July & kept on coming, getting the ground saturated, let up. And the ground finally dried up enough for the hay to dry. I cut all the hay the weekend of Dec. 17, & have been the last 5 days raking & baling (between work & other distractions). Got the last bale finished just as the sun sank behind the trees today. :clap:

AND, I did NOT have to wait on ANYBODY to come do it for me!! :clap:
Yea, my back hurts & I'm sore in other places, but it's the 'good' kind of sore.

Now, to get it all sold...

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Congrats urednecku! I've been working (playing) with my stuff too and yes, it's a good feeling when a plan comes together. And it feels good to be sore!

urednecku

It's a good feeling to get it done.

Why are you selling it?

$$$$$$ Figure I might make more growing/selling hay off part of the place than just cattle. I'll keep enough for myself, sell the rest.
Not to mention, I get lots more seat time with hay than just cattle!

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Way to go. Sounds like fun. This is the time of year I envy you guys down in Florida.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
AND, I did NOT have to wait on ANYBODY to come do it for me!! :clap:
Yea, my back hurts & I'm sore in other places, but it's the 'good' kind of sore.

Now, to get it all sold...

Congratulations.

We've looked into getting the equipment to cut and bale our own hay but, even for used equipment, the price is pretty steep for as much acreage as we'd cut. It wouldn't have made any difference this year, never got a cutting at all. We've been buying baled corn stalks from Mississippi to get by. It sure would be nice to have the option of cutting hay into December.