New tires 4 x900 Blackwater evolution

2014 x900 is due new tires so I bought 4 25x9x12
Blackwater evolution tires. I have read here many times people installing a 9" wide tire on the factory rim.

My local tire shop had trouble mounting these tires on the factory rims due to the 9" width vs the factory 10" width tire.... Will I have to use tubes in these tires to get them mounted on the wider rims?

These Blackwater tires have super stiff sidewalls and were cold the day they tried to mount them this coukd of added to the problem.

ovrszd

I have 9" on the front and 11" on the back. Didn't have any trouble mounting them.

Second guessing myself, should have bought 11"s for both ends.

ovrszd

Yep, if you didn't need ground clearance or flotatio/traction the smaller size is a good choice.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I've had 2 different sets of Blackwaters mounted and the 2 different shops never mentioned having a problem with mounting them. They are a good tire and the high pressure rating is good too. None of that 7psi stuff unless they have changed it.. I love the stiff sidewalls and the rim lip. My farm work demands a good tire that will get me home. bordercollie

I've had 2 different sets of Blackwaters mounted and the 2 different shops never mentioned having a problem with mounting them. They are a good tire and the high pressure rating is good too. None of that 7psi stuff unless they have changed it.. I love the stiff sidewalls and the rim lip. My farm work demands a good tire that will get me home. bordercollie

But we're they 9" wide tires? That was supposedly the problem slightly narrower tire then the factory width tires at 10" wide

Last edited:

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Speaking of Blackwater tires, I was able to get my newly installed 26x11x12 ITP Blackwater Evolution tires in the mud this weekend. All four are same size and were mounted on the factory rims by National Tire and Battery (NTB) who is also known as Tire Kingdom in some places. They had no trouble at all. I have an X-1120 which I believe is almost the same as a X-900 except the engine. Robin at Allterrain should be able to confirm what you can/can't mount on your factory rims. He is at 903-896-7565.

The ride on these is actually better than the factory ones and it sits about 1/2inch taller. I went through red clay mud in unlocked 2WD that required 4WD previously. I just couldn't be more pleased at this point, thanks in part because of Bordercollie's recommendation. We went up a wet, leafy trail that is easily a 15 degree incline. We just cruised right up in 4WD, unlocked diff and low gear.

The only downside is on wet grass in the orchards, the tires do leave a tread impression which that is no worse than one of the tractors with ag tires. Once the ground dries out, it will not be a problem.

The barn won't be done until April so we're still towing it. But I've attached a pic from our trip home last night - tired, muddy and hungry but satisfied with a good days work.

There are other great tires out there. But these work very well for us.

Attachments

• 20180304_185713.jpg
    20180304_185713.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 109

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
But we're they 9" wide tires? That was supposedly the problem slightly narrower tire then the factory width tires at 10" wide

Hi Stripefisher, Mine are 26"tall , 9" in front and 11" in back . Just this week,I was in muck up to the right hand floorboard and was able to get out, BUT, I would never try that again. Thankfully to a sorta hard surface on the left hand side I had a decent grip using all I had, was able to climb out.. be sure if this happens to ya'll to get the muck out of your stick stoppers before it hardens . This will help preserve your boots. bordercollie

628pm

Site Supporter
Striperfisher, could you post some pictures when you are done. I have a x900 also, it will give me some ideas. Estimate of cost would be great also.

Thanks in advance.