2006 RTV 900 W/Curtis plow

4hogans

Hey guys,
Just wondering how coobie set his plow up with full hydraulics. Mine is hydraulic right and left but electric up and down and I would love to make it fully hyraulic. Could someone explain the operation and maybe post some pictures of the beefed up mounting system????? Also as a side note I have only had the unit less than a week and pushed a 2 inch snow with it just 3 days after purchase worked well but electric raise is very slow. I also had to change the fuel filter this morning as it was losing power and was barely able to pull itself up city street hills. It seemed to help some but wondering if there is still something wrong with it. I have a JD utility tractor with Hydro trans and it takes off very well but the Bota seems to lack something in the transmission or motor not sure which. It almost feels like the brakes are on a little but it does not always do this either so I am somewhat baffled. I only have 270 hours on the machine so I wouldn't think it would be anything too drastic. Also I have checked the fluid levels and it has all OEM Kubota filters as well.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The one I read about used a winch with a remote for the up and down as it was much faster than electric.

Is the spark arrestor still on your RTV? (It's at the end of the muffler exhaust.) If it's there that can rob you of power if it's clogged. I just bought an 06 RTV900 and the spark arrestor was already removed.

4hogans

Yes I removed it before I replaced the fuel filter. No good. Coobie had put in another thread that he had beefed up his mounting system and changed over to all hydraulic controls for his curtis plow.