want one

Erik

If the 35 series had been available 10 months ago when I was shopping, Jeremy sung their praises to me at that time, but the actual delivery date kept moving back and I didn't want to wait another 6 months for something with no idea of delivered cost, etc...
It also didn't hurt that they were offering pretty good deals on the 10 series to make room for the 35's.
I've been pretty happy with my 3510.

shvl73

I sure like the look of that 35 series. I'd like to see one. My local dealer doesn't have one yet. Does anyone know where it is made and if a hydro version is in the works?
Sure have been happy with my 2810HST though, no complaints.

Erik

the 35 series is supposed to be indian made from the ground up.
a mahindra in-house development based on all the comments, repairs, etc... they'd made on their other series' over time.

Well I am still looking and a 35 series is looking better and better. 4 wheel drive, 41 hp (pto) for 20,000 dollars is not too shabby. Just have to add loader.

Owenslee

New Mahindra 35 Series 4535 and 5035 are worth the wait...!

I personally inspected the new 4535 and 5035 Mahindra's this past weekend. They are VERY impressive. These two models will not be formally introduced for another 60 days....but they are worth the wait.

They both have a larger ML130 loader than the ML120 on the 3535 and 4035 models. Maximum loader lift is increased from 106" to 111" and weight capacity increases from 1960# to 2700#.

The 45 and 50 both use a 4 cyl 153.9 cu in naturally aspirated diesel compared to the 3 cyl 115.4 cu in engines of the 3535 and 4035.

Weight of the 5035 without loader is 4950 lbs. ML130 Loader is 1450 lbs.

Yet both of these larger more powerful tractors are not appreciably more expensive than the 3535 or 4035. The difference in cost between the 45 hp and 50 hp model is about $1650.

I will have a 4535 before the end of the year. I was that impressed.

Kerry

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good info Kerry, thanks!!!! You've just make TinkerToys decision a little tougher. :D

Erik

Kerry - welcome to the forum - I've been following the xx35 thread you're on elsewhere as well.

Owenslee

Well I am still looking and a 35 series is looking better and better. 4 wheel drive, 41 hp (pto) for 20,000 dollars is not too shabby. Just have to add loader.

You won't have to add much $$$...based on the quote I received.

BTW...some other details of the 4535 and 5035:

Tires for the 5035 are 14x17.5 NHS front and 19.5L-24 rear

The 4535 has 12-16.5 NHS front and 16.9-24 rear

Bucket size on the ML130 loader is a measured 75.5" long compared to the 72" bucket of the ML120 loader on the 3535 and 4035. The loader is made in Canada and has 3000PSI working pressure.

OA Width of the 5035 is 75" and 74.5" on the 4535

Kerry

Bindian

The 35 series spec's look impressive.:tiphat: They seem to be a smaller versions of my 6520, with 12 speed transmissions and 11 gpm pump.:cool: Even the tilt steering wheel, which is great for standing and mowing or fine bucket grading. However, if you think you want a 40 horsepower tractor, you might really want to look at a 50 horsepower tractor.:confused: The 4035 is only 33 hp at the PTO. One thing I regret is not springing the extra money for a 7520.:pat:
Do a comparison of the 4WD 4035 and the 4530 and the 5530. You can do the comparisons on the mahindra website. You will be surprised.:thumb:
Be sure to get skid steer quick attach for the loader bucket and by all means get the two rear remotes. Get all the impliments you want in your financing package. I didn't get forks and regret that also.:pat: That little biddy bumper will be a good purchase also with a loader. Have braces added and weld on expanded steel. Your thank me some day in the future when you are in a hurry and nurf something with the loader raised.:rolleyes:
hugs, Brandi

Owenslee

Thanks Brandi,

Actually I have already committed to a 4535. It has the same 154 cu in engine as the 5035. The 45 and 50 hp models are identical except for wheels tires and injector pump settings. Both are one third larger displacement engines than the 115 cu in 3 cyl in the 4035 and 3535.

From my 60+ years of experience it is engine displacement and the resultant torque produced that does the majority of the work. HP is very often overemphasized by manufacturers and users as HP is simply a calculated number based on torque and RPM. That peak HP usually occurs at a higher RPM range that is often higher than where you actually use the tractor most of the time. It amazes me sometimes to see how much additional $$ is charged by a manufacturer for only 5 more HP on the same displacement engine when typically all that is done is to increase the fuel settings on the injection pump to get a higher HP number for marketing purposes. Yes...5 hp is helpful in some scenarios but for 90% of the work I need to do it is low rpm torque and lugging power that gets the work done. And that is where torque is far more important. That is specifically why I chose the 4535 over the equal displacement 5035. It simply provides more bang for the buck.

However between the 4035 and 4535 you are correct. The additional 5 HP rating in this case is justified as the added 5 HP rating comes with one third more displacement and resultant torque. The choice here would be a no brainer if 40 hp was borderline for the implements or tasks being planned.

BTW, the 4535 and 5035 I have seen and the one I am buying has the ML130 loader which is larger than the ML120 loader on the 4035 and 3535. Lift capacity of the larger loader is increased 1.37 times from 1960# to 2700#. The skid steer feature is standard. Also the tractor I am buying is one of the pre-production models that came equipped with twin rear remotes at no additional charge.

The brush guard was also ordered...so I have pretty much already implemented your suggestions. But thanks for the input.

BTW...if I run out of power I also have a White 2-105, a Case 1200 4WD, and a HD-6G High lift track loader.... :)

Kerry

Bindian

Thanks Brandi,

Actually I have already committed to a 4535. It has the same 154 cu in engine as the 5035. The 45 and 50 hp models are identical except for wheels tires and injector pump settings. Both are one third larger displacement engines than the 115 cu in 3 cyl in the 4035 and 3535.

From my 60+ years of experience it is engine displacement and the resultant torque produced that does the majority of the work. HP is very often overemphasized by manufacturers and users as HP is simply a calculated number based on torque and RPM. That peak HP usually occurs at a higher RPM range that is often higher than where you actually use the tractor most of the time. It amazes me sometimes to see how much additional $$ is charged by a manufacturer for only 5 more HP on the same displacement engine when typically all that is done is to increase the fuel settings on the injection pump to get a higher HP number for marketing purposes. Yes...5 hp is helpful in some scenarios but for 90% of the work I need to do it is low rpm torque and lugging power that gets the work done. And that is where torque is far more important. That is specifically why I chose the 4535 over the equal displacement 5035. It simply provides more bang for the buck.

However between the 4035 and 4535 you are correct. The additional 5 HP rating in this case is justified as the added 5 HP rating comes with one third more displacement and resultant torque. The choice here would be a no brainer if 40 hp was borderline for the implements or tasks being planned.

BTW, the 4535 and 5035 I have seen and the one I am buying has the ML130 loader which is larger than the ML120 loader on the 4035 and 3535. Lift capacity of the larger loader is increased 1.37 times from 1960# to 2700#. The skid steer feature is standard. Also the tractor I am buying is one of the pre-production models that came equipped with twin rear remotes at no additional charge.

The brush guard was also ordered...so I have pretty much already implemented your suggestions. But thanks for the input.

BTW...if I run out of power I also have a White 2-105, a Case 1200 4WD, and a HD-6G High lift track loader.... :)

Kerry
Kerry,
Actually I was posting for Tinkertoy. Also, I was referring to the 30 series differences between a 4530 and 5530. That is 10 horsepower difference. I don't have any specs on the 4535, so I can't compare these models to your model, the 4535. Can you send me specs on the 4535 and 5035? Mahindra doesn't post these yet on their website.
hugs, Brandi

Owenslee

Kerry,
Actually I was posting for Tinkertoy. Also, I was referring to the 30 series differences between a 4530 and 5530. That is 10 horsepower difference. I don't have any specs on the 4535, so I can't compare these models to your model, the 4535. Can you send me specs on the 4535 and 5035? Mahindra doesn't post these yet on their website.
hugs, Brandi

No problem...

The 4535 and the 5035 are not yet formally introduced by Mahindra however they have a number of pre-production demo models at select dealers. It appears the 4535 may not be initially introduced in the US market later this month however the 5035 will be announced in 30-45 days. I saw just this afternoon where dealers are getting initial specs on line for the 5035 model.
Basically the 4535 and 5035 are larger versions of the 3535 and 4035. Instead of the 3 cyl 115 cu in engines of the 3535 and 4535...The 4535 and 5035 use a 154 cu in 4 cyl Mahindra engine. Plus they weight about 600 lbs more. Further they have a larger ML130 75" bucket with higher lift capacity compared to the ML120 loader of the 3535 / 4035 which has a 72" bucket and lower lift rating. The vertical reach of the bucket is also about 5" higher.

I posted some of the details of both of the new larger 35 series tractors I recently inspected here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/154484-saw-new-larger-35-series.html

Kerry

Last edited:

Bindian

No problem...

The 4535 and the 5035 are not yet formally introduced by Mahindra however they have a number of pre-production demo models at select dealers. It appears the 4535 may not be initially introduced in the US market later this month however the 5035 will be announced in 30-45 days. I saw just this afternoon where dealers are getting initial specs on line for the 5035 model.
Basically the 4535 and 5035 are larger versions of the 3535 and 4035. Instead of the 3 cyl 115 cu in engines of the 3535 and 4535...The 4535 and 5035 use a 154 cu in 4 cyl Mahindra engine. Plus they weight about 600 lbs more. Further they have a larger ML130 75" bucket with higher lift capacity compared to the ML120 loader of the 3535 / 4035 which has a 72" bucket and lower lift rating. The vertical reach of the bucket is also about 5" higher.

I posted some of the details of both of the new larger 35 series tractors I recently inspected here:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/mahindra-buying-pricing/154484-saw-new-larger-35-series.html

Kerry
Kerry,
Thanks for the link. I gather the larger tires on the 5035 will give it an edge over the 4535 in final drive ratios, thus more torque. I also read the 4535 may not make it into production. So that could be a bad thing.
hugs, Brandi

Owenslee

Kerry,
Thanks for the link. I gather the larger tires on the 5035 will give it an edge over the 4535 in final drive ratios, thus more torque. I also read the 4535 may not make it into production. So that could be a bad thing.
hugs, Brandi

Your welcome...

The latest word I received was that the 4535 will be a production tractor but will not be introduced to the US market. Perhaps in the future but not now.

I also initially thought this would be a detriment, however I learned that the 4535 and 5035 are mechanically identical tractors. The only difference was the tire and rim sizes, the setting of the injector pump, and the tractor decals. All mechanical components are the same. This means that service manuals, parts books, and replacement parts are common to both models. The conclusion I came to was that it will not be a detriment to those who buy the 4535 demo models at Mahindra dealers. If anything, it offers a little exclusivity and it also provides a substantial cost savings as some dealers who have the 4535 are selling them at cost when they learned that the model would not be introduced with the 5035 later this Fall.

The dealer I am buying from has quoted a price for the 4535 with loader and two optional rear remotes for over $5200 below MSRP. To me that is a significant savings that easily offsets the minimal risk of buying a pre production model that will not be formally introduced to the US market, but one which will still receive 100% support from Mahindra and it's dealers with parts common to the 5035.

A Mahindra dealer who has both the 4535 and 5035 demo models in his inventory estimated that there are perhaps 100 of these pre production tractors in dealer hands in the US currently. If you assume equal numbers of both models that suggests that there are 50 4535's in country for sale. I would say those 50 tractors are the best potential bargain available from Mahindra.

If the thought of the 4535 being orphaned poses a problem for a potential buyer...the 5035 demo models are only $1650 more... However all that added $$$ is buying is larger tires and a different injection pump calibration.

As far as torque...since the transmissions and axles of both tractors are the same the internal gear ratios are the same. Adding a smaller diameter tire only requires that the ratio of the rolling circumference of front to rear tires remain the same to be compatible with the drive train ratios. However, once you have a smaller overall tire diameter...your effective overall gear ratio becomes numerically higher (ie going from 3.55 to 3.70 for example) ...providing greater torque with the smaller diameter tires....not the larger. Another benefit for the 4535 to help offset the 5 hp lower output.

Kerry