New Model

Dougster

Old Member
Bradco at the time used 17 GMP as the spec to operate a 511/611 hoe. Dougster keeps telling me much less figures are needed now. This could be, however in 2000 17 GPM was Bradco's minimum requirement by their own spec and standards...
This must be "Goof on the Old Dougster Day" and nobody warned me about it ahead of time. :(

Dougster :starbucks:

Bindian

"Vague and cryptic"... just like I mentioned??? :eek: :wtf: :shock: :wtf: :eek2:

Is there some particular reason you are trying to get me in trouble with that Kansas Loader Kid??? Or is this just more general Dougster goofing... and/or Jeremy goofing??? :(

Sorry... my sense of humor is probably just a bit lacking at 4:30 AM after the day I had yesterday. :(

Dougster,
I think it was you day yesterday or you drunk too much :starbucks: or not enough:starbucks: this morning. Anyway, I was referring to Brenda's technical go to person that shall remain nameless here out of :respect:for his wishes. I have another email to him now waiting on a reply.
hugs, Brandi

Dougster

Old Member
Anyway, I was referring to Brenda's technical go to person that shall remain nameless here out of :respect:for his wishes.
Ahhhh... okay. Seemed from your post that you had me down as "dissing" that Kansas Loader Kid (not that he doesn't deserve it at times, but I could not recall ever using the words "vague and cryptic" in regard to the Kid or anyone else. :confused: I've got lots better words I can use to go after the Kid when he needs a little straightening out! :yum:

In regard to "He who will not be named" I believe I said:
Dougster said:
Ahhhh... the infamous "one who will not be named"!!! That should be a great report... from an unknown, unnamed secret source... NOT!!! :rolleyes:
Don't actually know who you were talking about there. All I was pointing out is that a source who refuses to be named is always a bit suspect. But without knowing who it is, I suppose I should not jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

Don't mind me. It's not the :starbucks: or lack thereof. I am a bit out of it today. Bad medical news yesterday regarding a family member. It's just got me a little bummed. :eek:

Bindian

Don't actually know who you were talking about there. All I was pointing out is that a source who refuses to be named is always a bit suspect. But without knowing who it is, I suppose I should not jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:

Don't mind me. It's not the :starbucks: or lack thereof. I am a bit out of it today. Bad medical news yesterday regarding a family member. It's just got me a little bummed. :eek:

Dougster,:wave:
Out of respect for Tim Z.:respect: Oh dang, I gone and said his name online.:pat::yum::hide: Anyway, he hasn't returned my email.
hugs, Brandi

rback33

Apparently I should have ventured further south in the forum for now... so THIS is where all you guys have been hiding...:wave:... I really was not trying to be vague or cryptic... I know nothing. I DO know that it exists, but even the MUSA people at the show were not sure when it would appear. As Brian said.. it was cool to meet Rob and Loretta. They are really neat people.

Bindian

Apparently I should have ventured further south in the forum for now... so THIS is where all you guys have been hiding...:wave:... I really was not trying to be vague or cryptic... I know nothing. I DO know that it exists, but even the MUSA people at the show were not sure when it would appear. As Brian said.. it was cool to meet Rob and Loretta. They are really neat people.
Jeremy,
Did y'all get to go out to Rob and Loretta's log mansion?
hugs, Brandi

Jeremy,
Did y'all get to go out to Rob and Loretta's log mansion?
hugs, Brandi

Brandi, my brother and I went out to Rob & Loretta's on Thursday. We were there from 8 in the morning to a little after 3 in the afternoon. Ken who is on NTT also was out there. Everybody is great and Rob and Loretta served us breakfast to start the morning off. None of the pictures that Rob has posted on TBN even come close to how spectacular their home and property really are. I would say that their place is ten times as nice as the pictures, but that would not even come close to how great their place really is. We all talked and were shown around the property and their log home. Rob and Loretta shared some of their experiences regarding the new home and property. It would be hard to find nicer people. It would have been that much better if you had been able to have been there.

Mud,
Bigger is always better.:thumb: Unless you are Dougster on a turfed yard between the roses and the big rocks he talks about. :yum: If I would have read:read: a little more about the 7520's 17 gpm hydraulic pump, I would have bought it.:pat: I do remember thinking of the cost difference. I think it was $2000 then. I was thinking of a two wheel drive 6520, but the broucrures didn't say it was for the backhoe.:no::badidea::forgetit:
Right after mine was delivered, the salesman and the service manager bought a 7520.:rolleyes: They have a hay business after hours. I was okay with the 6520's loader times, but I feel the Bradco 511 backhoe would be about 30% better (stronger) with the 7520's hydraulic pump gpm.:cool: Oh well, we live and learn.:stupid:
4 years ago, when I was looking at a used 25-30 hp tractor for logging cleanup, I almost bought a Kubota 25 hp. Instead I bought a 54 hp Ford that was a lot older and cheaper.:cool: I actually thought it was way too big for what I wanted. I am I glad bought it, as Ford had the clearance to drive over a lot of the brush and even large logs. The little lite weight Kubota would have been spinning her tires trying to pull the logs and climb over the brush mess.:eek:
The only thing I don't like about my 6520 is the placement of the light switches. Both switches are easy to turn on, but awkward to turn off.
hugs, Brandi
Brandi,
In my opinion you are absolutely correct in saying "Bigger is always better"! Not that my 4530 is a small tractor, but even though I've owned it for only four months, there have been a couple of situations where a bigger tractor would have been advantageous. I could really use a backhoe, but I'll wait until I upgrade to a bigger tractor. BTW, I just added hooks and reinforcement to my bucket and will soon add a receiver hitch! It will definitely come in handy!

Brandi,
In my opinion you are absolutely correct in saying "Bigger is always better"! Not that my 4530 is a small tractor, but even though I've owned it for only four months, there have been a couple of situations where a bigger tractor would have been advantageous. I could really use a backhoe, but I'll wait until I upgrade to a bigger tractor. BTW, I just added hooks and reinforcement to my bucket and will soon add a receiver hitch! It will definitely come in handy!

Mud, before you get a bigger tractor and that hoe that you want, think about getting a used Case 580, or John Deere. I was just asked yesterday if I had a hoe for my 7520. My answer, why would I buy a hoe for my 7520 when I bought a Case 580 Super E extendahoe for less money than the add on hoe would have cost me? I have a hoe that is at least twice as capable as the add on hoe and that is even after it has reached the end of its commercial life. We paid $9000 for a machine that had 7000 hours on it and was well maintained. As long as you have the room, buy an entire machine. My last 580 had over 13000 hours on it when I sold it. All it really needed was all new hoses and one cylinder rebuilt.

Someting else for you to think about, and no disrespect to any of you that have the implement backhoes, heck I've been thinking about getting one to work in smaller areas, but then I need a smaller tractor too.

Bindian

Mud, before you get a bigger tractor and that hoe that you want, think about getting a used Case 580, or John Deere. I was just asked yesterday if I had a hoe for my 7520. My answer, why would I buy a hoe for my 7520 when I bought a Case 580 Super E extendahoe for less money than the add on hoe would have cost me? I have a hoe that is at least twice as capable as the add on hoe and that is even after it has reached the end of its commercial life. We paid $9000 for a machine that had 7000 hours on it and was well maintained. As long as you have the room, buy an entire machine. My last 580 had over 13000 hours on it when I sold it. All it really needed was all new hoses and one cylinder rebuilt.

Someting else for you to think about, and no disrespect to any of you that have the implement backhoes, heck I've been thinking about getting one to work in smaller areas, but then I need a smaller tractor too.
I agree with Brian 100%.:respect: I was looking at buying an old Ford 555 TLB. But finacing the Ford would have a high interest rate and a monthly note about the same as my new 6520 4WD w/ ML275 FEL, Bradco/Mahindra 511 BH with 12 & 24 inch buckets, 6 foot Mohawk Bronco rotary cutter, Danuser hyd. post hole digger with 9 & 12 inch augers and an aluminum diamond plate canopy and 3 years of warranty at a low interest rate AND the Ford 555 was two wheel drive. Also.........the Ford 555 didn't have PTO or 3PH. Another biggie was that it would overgross my trailer even if my pickup could pull it.
hugs, Brandi

Thanks for the input. That is something to think about. I'm currently in negotiations for some land that adjoins mine. If it works out, I'll over double my present acreage and I'll definitely have the need and the room for a separate machine.

BTW Brian, did I read correctly? A brother to a ZZTOP member? What's that all about?

Thanks again,

Dougster

Old Member
BTW Brian, did I read correctly? A brother to a ZZTOP member? What's that all about?
Thanks again,

Yeah...Brian's the man! He's one of the band! :yum::yum::yum::hide::letitsnow:
hugs, Brandi
Brandi is goofing on you here Mud. I shall clarify:

Hollywood Brian's Brother (on the left below) is a member of ZZ Top. :)

Hollywood Brian... a.k.a., the man with the glitter glove... is merely the next door neighbor and good buddy friend of Michael Jackson. :D

Attachments

• ZZTop.jpg
    ZZTop.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 2
  • MJGlove1.jpg
    MJGlove1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the input. That is something to think about. I'm currently in negotiations for some land that adjoins mine. If it works out, I'll over double my present acreage and I'll definitely have the need and the room for a separate machine.

Thanks again,

As we all know by now, the old member should change his handle from Dougster to Prankster. If it comes from Dougster, most of the time you can pretty much figure that he is telling some sort of tall tale.:smartass: Here's a pic of my brother when we put the wheel weights on my 7520. He is not a member of ZZTOP and Michael Jackson is not my neighbor. I believe that MJ has moved out of the country over to Europe someplace.

Attachments

• P5270007.JPG
    P5270007.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 6

Dougster

Old Member
As we all know by now, the old member should change his handle from Dougster to Prankster. If it comes from Dougster, most of the time you can pretty much figure that he is telling some sort of tall tale.:smartass:
I am shocked, shocked at this blatant and unjustified assault on my credibility. :shock: The old Dougster is one of the most credible people on this entire forum!!! :cool:
He is not a member of ZZTOP and Michael Jackson is not my neighbor.
This statement appears to go against the evidence, common sense, prevailing wisdom and sworn testimony of other credible witnesses. :waiting: Seems like we have another Brian McNamee vs. Roger Clemens "he said - he said" deal going on here. :wink:

Bindian

As we all know by now, the old member should change his handle from Dougster to Prankster. If it comes from Dougster, most of the time you can pretty much figure that he is telling some sort of tall tale.:smartass: Here's a pic of my brother when we put the wheel weights on my 7520. He is not a member of ZZTOP and Michael Jackson is not my neighbor. I believe that MJ has moved out of the country over to Europe someplace.
........and that crushed #3 wash tub is the results when all that rubber and steel gets away from you! :yum::yum::yum:
hugs, Brandi

Brian and Dougster,
He kind of resembles Billy Gibbons and Dusty Hill!
Can he sing and pick?:smile:

Attachments

• ZZTOP.jpg
    ZZTOP.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 2