rear mower

what is the most reasonable finish mower on the market , rear discharge , what kind of price will i be looking at , for a 5 foot one thanks

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Just bought one at tsc, and it seems to do right well at cutting grass. I got the 6 foot unit and at 1455.oo I thought it was a fair price.It is built by King cutter have seen some folks that had a less than faverable opinion of the product line but for me it seems to do what it is advertized to do. later Jerry:wave:

thanks for the info i did look at the ones at tsc the other day , the place i bought my tractor sells land pride , the look really nice and well built but also big price 1800, so thouhgt i would get some input from the guys on here and go from there , thanks

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
If you're close to Ohio and willing to pick up, how about $900?

edit, I guess I should have included more details. Little Miami Trading Company

Wayne is a Yanmar dealer in Blanchester Ohio. He's a member here but not very active. Sitrex mowers are Italian and well made.

Attachments

• mower.jpg
    mower.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 142
wow , just looked at his website , may be an interesting place to visit,never heard of them before but worth a look , price is good , if the mower is ,i am in west virginia, not sure how far it is from me i will look it up though thanks , i have a buddy looking for a tiller too, so maybe we will make a raod trip , i just had surgery a few days ago so have to heel up a bit first ,surgery on the tail bone and a long road trip would not be good foranother week or so lol thanks, looks like he has a lot of stuff , not sure what part of ohio that is yet butt will look it up in the morning

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That is a good buy on those rear finish mowers. I have a 72 inch bush hog RFM, it ran 1800 when I bought it and that was a few years ago.

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
I also have a King Cutter from TSC. It is o.k. for lightweight use. In other words, you can't use it for cutting anything but grass.

Mine is one of the light duty ones - it only has a single belt driving the blades. They have another one that has a wider belt - the belt looks like two belts made together - one on top of the other. If I had it to do over again, I would go with their more heavy duty mower.

Their customer service is great. I called them to get a new spindle. The guy on the phone knew exactly what I needed and overnighted it to me. Later on I needed to replace one of the idler pulleys. They sent it to me at no charge. The last time I called I got some extra bolts and belts to have on hand just in case. They charged me for them, but the charges were reasonable.

All in all, it is an o.k. mower for grass. Just keep it well greased and the tires inflated.

Let us know what you end up with.

Bob

well not sure yet , but the land pride seems to be a good one , the solid rubber tires and the easy grease fittings look like a good set up , u dont have to take the belt cover off to grease, it has the wide belt , so for now i will keep shopping , who knows may run into a good used one ,

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
well not sure yet , but the land pride seems to be a good one , the solid rubber tires and the easy grease fittings look like a good set up , u dont have to take the belt cover off to grease, it has the wide belt , so for now i will keep shopping , who knows may run into a good used one ,

I bought a 6 foot landpride used ( but looked like new ) off of craigslist 2 years ago for 600 bucks & I use it a lot including mowing the pasture . I haven,t had a problem yet , Just keep it greased & blades sharp & make sure the gearbox isn,t leaking & it should last a long time .

I still see them on craigslist quite a bit around here & its a good time to pick up a bargain . Maybe not as cheap as I got mine but still cheaper then new , Just check them out good before buying . :tiphat:

rlk

Gold Site Supporter
I used to hate to have to change the blades on my mower. Seems like the bolts were always stuck because I could not remember whether they were reverse threaded or not. Usually I ended up tightening them rather than loosening them, all why laying on my back under the mower.

One day I was in Tractor supply and saw a Campbell 1/2 inch air wrench on sale. I had wanted one for a while but was too cheap to spring for one. I decided to buy it, and I don't know how I ever survived without it. It makes changing the blades on mowers so much easier.

So, whatever mower you get, get an air wrench if you don't have one. Wish I had have bought mine many years ago.

Bob

thcri RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
I still wished someone made a rear finish mower pull type rather than on your 3 point hitch. I have way too many trees to get around and the 3 point hitch style just don't work well.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I still wished someone made a rear finish mower pull type rather than on your 3 point hitch. I have way too many trees to get around and the 3 point hitch style just don't work well.
Nothing works as well as a ZTR for getting around trees.

Even the swisher as posted above was not the answer for me. Plus you had to feed gas to the mower deck you are pulling plus whatever you are pulling it with. I looked real hard at the swisher as a way to mow my 4 acres using my ATV but in the end decided that was not the way to go. I based my decision on end user comments of those who had tried the swisher. I've never had one myself.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Just depends on how much experience you get with them. I have 15-20 trees left out of 30+ when we moved in. I can cut all the way around them pretty well.