1140 Overhead Console

ccmdvl1960

Here is my homemade version of an overhead console.

Contains AM/FM radio, horn/siren/noisemaker, CB/PA/WX radio, lighted fused switch panel, LED dome light (one in console and one mounted above rear passenger seats). AM/FM speakers are mounted under the dash on the extreme left and right sides. Horn/siren/noisemaker/PA speaker is mounted where the winch would go. CB antenna is mounted on brush guard. Have not decided where to put the AM/FM antenna (right now it is just under the canopy zip tied to the ROPS. I am hesitant to drill a hole in the canopy to mount it (its one of those 12" rubber replacement antennas). When I have a regular camera with me, I'll try to get better photos. I am happy with how it came out.

Attachments

• cons_bot.jpg
    cons_bot.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 190
  • cons_fr.jpg
    cons_fr.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 188
  • cons_mounted.jpg
    cons_mounted.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 190

Kanook

LOOKIN' GOOD....I was a while figuring out the 1st until I realized the panel was not yet installed in the RTV.

Nice work!

628pm

Site Supporter
Nice console, when my 900 gets delivered I will be looking at something like your console. Ordered mine with the multi accessories switches so I don't know whether I will need more switches on my console.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Great job! Looks great!

May I suggest acorn nuts for the u-bolts? The would clean things up some.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That looks really nice. A Great job for sure :tiphat: You will love the lighted switches. I know that I sure like mine and they will save the battery at least at night, I have caught my 12 v items being left on just because of the switches glowing on my console. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great!

That is a great idea. I will pick some up. It will also be safer (less chance of gouging your head).
If you don't find the nuts you're looking for, you could use Plasti-Dip. It's the rubber coating stuff you see on tool handles and such.

It's available at box stores, auto stores and places like Amazon.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Performix-11603-6-Synthetic-Plasti-Dip-Coating/dp/B0000DD1PF%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB0000DD1PF"]http://www.amazon.com/Performix-11603-6-Synthetic-Plasti-Dip-Coating/dp/B0000DD1PF%3FSubscriptionId%3DAKIAILSHYYTFIVPWUY6Q%26tag%3Dduckduckgo-d-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3DB0000DD1PF[/ame]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BTW, do you have an external speaker on the CB? If not, how's the volume without a vent/gap for the internal speaker.

ccmdvl1960

BTW, do you have an external speaker on the CB? If not, how's the volume without a vent/gap for the internal speaker.

That particular CB is single-din sized and has the built-in speaker on the face. That is why I chose it for this. I need to get a small bungee or shock-cord to get the mic wire out of the passengers' face.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That looks really nice. A Great job for sure :tiphat: You will love the lighted switches. I know that I sure like mine and they will save the battery at least at night, I have caught my 12 v items being left on just because of the switches glowing on my console. bordercollie

Yes for sure........get lighted switches.........Not so one can find them but when you have stuff hot wired direct through a circuit that stays hot: extra lights, outlet in the rear for sprayer or equipment, radio....etc...................It is just to easy to leave them on when you think you shut down the machine and begin to walk away.......God bless......Dennis

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Looks great!

If you don't find the nuts you're looking for, you could use Plasti-Dip. It's the rubber coating stuff you see on tool handles and such.

It's available at box stores, auto stores and places like Amazon.

Yessssss for sure please do something......NICE console; but those bolts are an emergency room waiting to happen...........lol......reminds me of the motorcycle designs of Orange County Choppers with the sharp arrow shapes and pointy edges aimed directly at where a rider is gonna fly or flop during a sudden stop........God bless......Dennis

ccmdvl1960

I thought I'd add a photo of the LED dome lights on in the dark. They are fantastic!

Attachments

• IMG_3004.jpg
    IMG_3004.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 86