WTB - '05 RTV 900 tailgate

TahoeUsmc

Hi all,

Been lurking here for a while and this is a GREAT forum, has saved my wallet many times with my RTV.

That being said, I crunched my tailgate on the hitch receiver while dumping a load of manure. Looking to buy one, doesn't need to be nice just straight with no major damage/rust. We are located in Central Oregon. Thanks!

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear about your tailgate. :(
Please let us know which model and year RTV you have. I think the tailgate dimensions and latching systems may have changed over the years.

TahoeUsmc

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry to hear about your tailgate. :(
Please let us know which model and year RTV you have. I think the tailgate dimensions and latching systems may have changed over the years.

It’s a 2006 RTV900 (not 05 like I accidentally said above). I don’t know which specific model exactly beyond that unfortunately. I do have the ID and serial number (see photo).

Attachments

• FD70AB00-2053-4A1C-8C35-A0EA2A9F7067.jpg
    FD70AB00-2053-4A1C-8C35-A0EA2A9F7067.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 67
If the construction of the RTV900 tailgate is anything like the RTV1100 gate then it's designed to fail so I would be surprised if you could find anything on the used market that wasn't already trashed. I wound up also biting the bullet and buying a new gate for my RTV1100 as well and I'm sure that Kubota is loving the profit margins.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Oops! A little late but just a thought, why not build one out 1 X 1 square tubing and use mesh or bars as inserts.

Could be bolted or welded together depending on available skills.

TahoeUsmc

Believe me that idea crossed my mind. But it’s all about time and how little I have. Would love to have a “custom” one ha. Maybe after I crunch this one! Thanks for all the replies everyone. I appreciate the help.