Price on backhoe attachment

jbob1981

I have a New Holland T1510 that I have decided to add a backhoe to. I got a price of $8000 installed from the dealer that sold me the tractor. This was for a New Holland 920gh. It seems kind of high to me, but I'm not sure. Anybody else have any price info on these things? I am waiting for quotes from 2 other dealers, but I would prefer to stay with the dealer that sold me the tractor. Any info would be great.

Thanks

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When I was checking out back hoes for my tractor I was also quoted 8k for a sub frame back hoe. Sub frame means it hoe sits more on the frame of the tractor rather than on the arms of the 3 point hitch.
I was able to find hoes that sat on the 3 point hitch for 4 or 5k As I understand it those are harder on the tractor, but they work.
I have never saved up enough pennies to buy a hoe so I still have hoe envy. Good luck in your shopping for one and welcome to Net Tractor Talk :thumb: :D

LETHAL GTS

8K installed is right in the ballpark for a REAL backhoe.
I would highly recommend staying away from a 3pth mounted backhoe.
That is unless you are ONLY doing very light work with it. But it has been my experience that once you own a backhoe, it is very hard to keep from using it for what a backhoe was really intended to do. And that's digging deep holes and trenching.
I would also stick with the New Holland hoe as opposed to jobber types if you can.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I paid $7700 for a Woods subframe BH-90X (9 ft) installed by me 18 months ago. I'm not sure your going to be able to do a 9 on a T1510 and I'm pretty sure you can do better price wise with a Woods on 7 or 8 footer! It's a little ride for you but if interested call Jake Weldon at Weldon Equipment. I also think a Woods can compare to a OEM hoe but that's my opinion. I wouldn't put a Kioti hoe on mine

jbob1981

Thanks everyone for the input. It looks like I'm going to get the New Holland Hoe. I looked at the 7 foot Woods hoe, but the price differance was not much and I would rather deal with my original dealer, I really like them. Now I just have to find the time to get to the dealer.

Thanks Again

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats :tiphat:
Heck with waiting, I bet the dealer would come and pick it up to install the hoe for ya. My tractor is to big for my trailer so that is my only option, it costs a little but sure is worth it.

jbob1981

I just talked to my dealer and told him I'm ready to purchase, I just have to go in tomorrow and finalize everything. They are going to pick and return the tractor to me at no extra cost which I think is great. One questions I have is, should I add a thumb to the hoe, I think it would be helpful to have, but I'm not sure. Dealer said he give it to me at his "cost", but he was not sure of the price. So should I get the thumb?

Thanks
Josh

LETHAL GTS

GET THE THUMB, DON'T BE DUMB!
Kidding!
Is it a hydraulic or mechanical?
Either way, with the thumb you have just opened up sooo many other possibilities for yourself.
I wouldn't buy an excavator or a backhoe without one. Picking up stumps, placing rocks, moving metal trash....the list goes on and on.
If you have the money, do it!
Hydraulic is the best, but it is also more money. You will need an extra valve and control. A relief valve (make sure they include that or the thumb cylinder will self destruct). I'm sure this will be all included in the price.
Mechanical thumb is a lot cheaper because you don't have the extra plumbing and valves etc. You use your bucket cylinder to do your grappling instead of your thumb cylinder.
MiniExThumbAction.jpg

0111.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Eventually you'd want the thumb, probably sooner rather than later. If you can swing it I'd get it for sure. The one thing you know for sure is that if you wait it will cost you more and you might not get it at dealers cost on down the road.
I've heard the thumb is indispensable ....much like a FEL on a tractor.

I paid $7700 for a Woods subframe BH-90X (9 ft) installed by me 18 months ago. I'm not sure your going to be able to do a 9 on a T1510 and I'm pretty sure you can do better price wise with a Woods on 7 or 8 footer! It's a little ride for you but if interested call Jake Weldon at Weldon Equipment. I also think a Woods can compare to a OEM hoe but that's my opinion. I wouldn't put a Kioti hoe on mine

Hey Big Dog why wouldn't you go with the Kioti Hoe? Are they not well built or what is it about them that's not nice? You run a Kioti rite?

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey Big Dog why wouldn't you go with the Kioti Hoe? Are they not well built or what is it about them that's not nice? You run a Kioti rite?

Compare the BH90-X to the KB2485 and there really is no comparison. My opinion was the Woods has better construction, ergonomics, and specs .............. the Woods just offered significantly more for a tad less money.

P1010724.jpg

P1010726.jpg

P1010721.jpg

P1010718.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Good pics Dawg! She sure is purty!!! One sweet setup you gots there. :thumb: :tiphat:

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
You guys have got me longing for that back hoe again. Darn it!!!!!! Now, if I can only get the wife to sell her jewelry!!!! Some hope. :badidea::badidea:

Sunrise Acres

Back Hoe Option

I have a New Holland T1510 that I have decided to add a backhoe to. I got a price of $8000 installed from the dealer that sold me the tractor. This was for a New Holland 920gh. It seems kind of high to me, but I'm not sure. Anybody else have any price info on these things? I am waiting for quotes from 2 other dealers, but I would prefer to stay with the dealer that sold me the tractor. Any info would be great.

I purchased my TC33D New Holland with a Bush Hog 750 Back Hoe. I was told at the time it was a $6500.00 option. I dig water lines in 6 ft deep with no problems. It has it's own hydraulic pump so it is pretty strong on roots. As the others have said get a frame mount not the three point mount.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I purchased my TC33D New Holland with a Bush Hog 750 Back Hoe. I was told at the time it was a $6500.00 option. I dig water lines in 6 ft deep with no problems. It has it's own hydraulic pump so it is pretty strong on roots. As the others have said get a frame mount not the three point mount.

Ain't it great to have a hoe ................. don't matter what kind ........... yeah and I may be talking about 2 different things ............. pun wasn't intended but it is now .................. :boobies:

urednecku

ETF, add me to that list! Been wanting one for a while, too, but don't have the $. And in this economy, looks like it'll be a long time coming.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
ETF, add me to that list! Been wanting one for a while, too, but don't have the $. And in this economy, looks like it'll be a long time coming.
I can relate.....I've had hoe envy for years.

DK35vince

The prices of backhoes sure have gone up since I got mine 9 or 10 years ago.
I got my Rhino 85 with subframe and 18" bucket for $5200. (still on the crate, I assembled the subframe and hose kit and installed the hoe)
It has an 8 1/2' digging depth and 11' reach.
Today backhoes seem to be going for nearly $1000/foot digging depth.

Attachments

• HPIM0993.jpg
    HPIM0993.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 52