Fill-Rite Fuel Transfer Pump help ........

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
My 1200B 12V wouldn't pump tonight. Just used it 3 days ago, worked fine. Tank is a little low but the suction is at least 12" submerged. Suction is clear and rotor turns but not pulling. Pulled the filter just to remove all doubt and still no go. Pulled the pump cover and carbons look OK and the rotor turned freely.

Soooooooooo anything I need to try or should I just bite the bullet on a rebuild kit ($100)?

20/20

On mine there was a bolt/adjustment in the back. I had to turn that just a little bit and everything worked again. Mine did the same thing, worked fine, I moved the tank about a foot and it wouldn't pump at all. took it apart 3 times trying to figure it out. finally turned that bolt and eveything worked. I believe it has something to do with the pressure release.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Diaphragm is OK?

On mine there was a bolt/adjustment in the back. I had to turn that just a little bit and everything worked again. Mine did the same thing, worked fine, I moved the tank about a foot and it wouldn't pump at all. took it apart 3 times trying to figure it out. finally turned that bolt and eveything worked. I believe it has something to do with the pressure release.

Took the pump apart, found nothing out of the ordinary, diaphragm included. I did cleaned every thing, the relief plunger was about the only thing I spent time on removing loose debris. Put a solid pipe suction on it and put it back together. Works fine, musta been a crack or two in the PVC suction pipe.