Back Blade What size ??

Harvey

I have a Kioti CK25, I'm gonna buy a back blade, what's the best size for this tractor (25 HP), 6 or 7 foot ?

Tks
Harvey

howierd3866

25hp is out of my size but with our tractors you want to be a little wide than the rear tires. That way you can cover will tracks and also if you work betweens trees if your tractor can fit threw trees your blade will too. Howard

A good rule to go by for this is to get a blade that will cover your tracks when it is at its maximum angle. That is usually 45 degrees. Hope that this is of some help.:tiphat:

Archdean

My Kubota is similar in size and HP and a 6' will be about max and it will still cover the rear wheels as the others suggest!

Erik

at 45 degrees a 6' blade will cover just over 4' wide and a 7' blade just under 5'.
so it depends on your soils, and what you're planning on moving with it since I assume your CK25 is between 48-54" wide to the outside of the tires.
considering how much your tractor doesn't weigh, I'd probably advise going with the 6' blade to make it less likely that you'll try to pull too much at once.

Archdean

I assume being in NS Canada you are primarily going to blade snow and at any angle you are going to dump a big ridge out the side which you will have to straddle on the next pass anyway! GO the SIX foot version! And a tip from my Alaska Days be sure to coat the surface of your blade with PAM once in a while, wet snow will put one hell of a strain on your tractor!

shinnlinger

Yes,

6 footer all the way...and get the heaviest duty one you can...My 34 horse tractor has beat the crap out of a blade supposedly rated to 40 horse.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
One little trick I learned from an experienced tractor guy is to turn the blade backwards when doing snow on gravel. This way it does not dig in like a blade is made to do. It pushes the snow nicely this way and I don't tear up my drive. I even leave the blade backwards when removing snow from the concrete section close to the house. Works like a charm!!!