New store....I can't wait...

jwstewar

Staff member
In the old Wal-Mart building in Circleville there was a little junk/outlet store. They sold a lot of Northern Tool and Craftsman returns. I got a few bargains there including a set of Pat's Easy Change for my neighbor for $50. Anyway, shortly before Christmas they announced they were closing the store because they lost their lease. We were bumped because it was fun to go there and see what kind of "junk" you could find. They told us a "tractor store" was coming to town. I was surprised since a TSC is right next door - truly right next door. They finally put a sign up this week. It is a Rural King. Just looked online at their website. I'm excited. They looked like they have better stuff than TSC at better prices and a lot more of it. I can't wait....unfortunately I bet Circleville will lose a TSC.

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sweet!! Let both stores compete for your business and have mega-sales.

We only have a TSC but it's a nice place. Employees are super friendly and willing to help. It's also the only store we go to where we can take the dog in.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Heard of them before. I'll be one to visit and eyeball everything at least once.

Big Dog

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
I've been doing some work in Central City, KY and there is a RK nearby. I go every time I'm there and pick stiff up. They have everything a TSC has (actually more farm implements) and more like country foods, sporting goods, and name brand tools (Dewalt, Ryobi, etc ...). You'll love it!

jwstewar

Staff member
Man, we gotta be getting close. They have their sign painted on the front of the building, but not on the actual sign out front yet. Looks like the store is stocked, but they have tarps up over the front windows. There are tons of utility trailers out front. They also have a ton of trees out in the parking lot and they have been there for a week or two. This is about all I can see from the highway as I'm driving by at 60 MPH:17875:

Just saw on Rural King's website that they now have it listed as Opening Soon.....

Last edited:

jwstewar

Staff member
They are finally open:dancing:

They opened Thursday and I think their grand opening next Friday - Monday. I took a quick browse through. Lots of stuff. They completely filled that old Wal-Mart.

Some things didn't seem quite as cheap as what they did on their website, but by the time you figure in pricing, probably not bad. Lots of yard equipment and products for the yard. Quite a lot of power tools. A few hand tools. A lot of clothing and shoes as well. Nice selection of hauling (straps & chains) and such. I did look at a couple of recovery straps. Will probably pick one of those up before too much longer.

I do have one example. I'm needing some spares for my utility trailer. TSC is $140 for cheap wheels and even cheaper (for those that remember my trailer tire experience :toiletpaper: the same brand) biased tires. Menards is $125 for something similar. Rural King is $110 for a heavier wheel and a radial Carlisle tire. I know Carlisles may not be the best, but certainly a much better tire than the other two.

jwstewar

Staff member
Well, here we are a year later. I have to say, we truly love Rural King. All 5 of us. From me clear down to our 4 year old. We have spent way too much money there over the past year. Nice employees and very helpful. We have bought a ton of stuff there this year for our little goat endeavor. Kids love going there because of the free popcorn when you walk in the door. I'm convinced that is a ploy to get you to buy a bottle of pop on your way out those as you are thirsty from the popcorn.

We were buying big packs of Duracell batteries at Christmas time for $10 + a $10 rebate. Which BTW, isn't mail in. So you aren't even out a stamp. Fill it out online and 2-3 weeks you get your merchandise credit. Just bought a pair of Justin Cowboy boots on Monday for $40. Like everywhere "you have to watch what you buy" but for the most part they have really good prices. Only found a couple of things Lowes and/or TSC is cheaper on.