Ordered a Windshield Yesterday :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
At one time, I wanted to make my own windshield in order to save $$. Then though, I started pricing the good Lexan and it was really up in price.
Then, I found this hard coat windshield and it was on sale for less than $275 delivered including tax.
What I've read about the hardcoat looked promising so yes, I ordered it ! I'll let ya'll know how it works-stay tuned.. https://www.sidebysidestuff.com/emp...ted-full-front-windshield-mahindra-roxor.html
There is also a windshield listed for certain RTVs . although it's not on sale right now. bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I too use the Novus products. They have several "grades", e.g. 1, 2 & 3 depending on how big of issues you have in your plastic. The higher the #, the heavier the scratches it'll take care of. Works great on ATV plastic and getting rid of the discoloring of vehicle headlights after they sun bake for years.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be getting this when I run out. I know ya'll are hard to please so it must be good stuff !!
Windshield is still on backorder. They keep asking if I want to cancel and I still say no, I want this windshield.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The windshield came in yesterday !! I haven't had time to mount it but maybe next week- this weekend is full of catching up . It arrived with the protective film on both sides and holes cut where the mounting hardware goes no framing but just the thick material itself . I may wait till Fall to mount it because it's hot and not much rain right now. Hummmmm .....

Attachments

• KIMG0293.jpg
    KIMG0293.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 31

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here it is October and last week it was 99 degrees . Now though a cold front passed thru and evening temps are rather cool. Sooo... I decided to mount the windshield. The instructions were not to be found but went with my gut feeling and mounted it anyways.
The windshield comes with six clamps and bolts/nuts for them and a stingy piece of buffer insulation about 20 inches long It's sticky on one side.. It's to help with the rattling so wish it was more of it . I put a piece of it on each side of the Mahindra banner that crosses the hood and it seems to be ok .
I sprayed 3 coats of Plexus on it and wiped with an old t shirt. seems a good protective spray - it should be for $26 a can though !
We were late tagging and checking on calves tonight and the bugs just hit their heads and not me tonight as I drove home at about 35mph . The wind does vortex at speeds above 30 and come in the seating area but not right on the face- Thats good ... and a piece of insulation between the rollbar and top with close off that air vent .
The following 2 pictures are shot thru the windshield this evening. Looking straight on, I saw no distortion but from the side I did see some slight waviness.
I'll update on the durability in a few months.

Attachments

• KIMG0446.jpg
    KIMG0446.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 24
  • KIMG0447.jpg
    KIMG0447.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 20

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I'll be carrying the can of Plexus with the Roxor along with a clean cleaning rag. The dust makes the windshield hard to see thru when the sun is on it. I wanted to use a dry rag so bad but I didn't. Won't happen again though because I'll have the cleaning stuff at hand. ... glad I knew the path well.. When warm weather comes, it will be coming off for sure. collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
It started raining this morning but it didn't bother me :) The rain rolled off the windshield pretty good and I was dry and so happy. As of now, I'm sure glad it's on- Its supposed to rain all day.