bear came to visit

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
This time of year a bear has only 2 things on his mind. Food and finding a girlfriend. They will travel over a large area looking for a partner. The bears around me have been found down in Pa. as far as 20 miles south of the border. Same for Pa. bears. There are some really big areas of uninhabited and unaccessable woods nearby. 3800 acres without even a dirt road crossing them. Just skidder trails from logging. I will most likely not see much of him till berries start to ripen up. They love to eat raspberries and blackberries. They also like fresh green alfalfa just before it starts to flower out.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Down here,there are ways to take care of the problem bears !!!Blackbears havedamaged so muchproperty down here is hard to even talk about . Enough said ......</p>

Bordercollie,</p>

The Bears here in Pennsylvania are mostly Republicans because they work for a living, they don't expect a free handout.</p>

Rusty Anvil,,,,,,,,,</p>

This is one way to cool off on our lot. The bears love eating the cat tail roots in the pond. Tioga county had a record bear kill last season, I think they were shipped in fromNew York.We make sure there is no food around to bring them in but they still come around looking for a free meal.</p>

</p>

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
The ones around here like to get in the water hole in the pasture and splash and cool off. I used to live outside of Red Lion before moving to Potter county a few years back. The wildlife is part of what makes this area so beautiful.</p>

In a couple of years my wife will retire and we plan on moving up to Tioga permanently. You're right, the wildlife is great up there. We have; bears, deer, foxes, coyotes, bobcats, eagles, osprey, wood ducks, etc. There was even a migrating loon whistling on the lake 2 weeks ago. Looking forward to the move.</p>