RTV Creep Adjustment

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I take that back doc . Theres still a few with Red X,s . But I can see the rest now , Including pics I,ve posted . Good job . Thanks for all the trouble . :tiphat:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I need to know the thread and post which appear as red x's to you, so we can look into that.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Post 75 & 81 in this thread . But I,m just guessing it is due to the testing . Thats the only ones I can find right off hand .

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I just noticed that on of the buttons at the top doesn't show either

Attachments

• NTT.jpg
    NTT.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 125

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I requested another look by the VBsupport staff as I don't know what to try at this point.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Not usually an issue for me because I use Firefox except during the testing here.

California

Super Moderator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nothing that exciting. Just a full-face portrait of a girl who is quite modest, but gorgeous.

See if this link works. Hmm. That doesn't work for me.

Doc, I think this is a clue, going to that picture in Post #37 and 'copy image location' or rt-click 'view image' both fail. This has always worked before.

Something that has worked for years suddenly failed. The link I wrote in Post #62 fails...
(But I found sixteen copies of the cute girl pic in my Temp folder referenced by that error message :wink:)

That was Win XP and Firefox.

Then I tried it with Opera. It works! Clicking the link opens a new window

1) I can now see my Attachments! (using my customary Firefox.)

2) That link I referenced in the first quote above is still broken. Let's try making that same link now:

Pretty girl pic, pulled by 'copy image location' to extract the URL from the picture in post #37:
attachment.php

....and a link that should show that picture. With my Firefox and Opera this 'link' opens a new tab or window, respectively, but this depends on how your local browser is set up.

Ok I just tested the link I put in the line above. Its still broken. Rt-clicking within the picture in this post then 'properties' shows the identical URL, that the highlighted 'link' in my previous paragraph shows.

Strange. When I use the post 37 photo's url to 'embed offsite picture', the mountain icon, it works. When I put that same URL into Link, (chain icon), this repeats the failed 'download and open a window' result I was getting before.

Maybe the filetype association assigned to the photo the first time it was uploaded, was erroneous. Which continues to make that picture unusable for *some* linking.........?????

Anyhow I prefer looking at this girl instead of you guys' sisters. But I guess everyone has their own taste. :hide: :biggrin:

Last edited:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I reuploaded the .gif image PHP software. That 'should' fix the gif viewing issue a couple of you mentioned. Please let me know if you still have trouble seeing gif's.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
VB support has suggested that those having trouble with maintaining a login clear all cookies and then restart your browser. I have hopes that will clear this issue up.

Please advice once you have tried this. TIA.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
Doc, it still shows up that way, but only in the Red/Grey theme, not Default.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh, okay. Sounds like one of the red gray theme buttons is corrupt. No clue how long it's been that way. I should be able to fix that.

M

muleman

All this work to fix the images and the first thing posted is Peanut's Sister......:eek:

Thanks for all your work Doc - hopefully the pictures will get better!!!!

Rich

:letitsnow:
Glad you liked her! She was warming up for the SAINTS party.:yum:

zenchal26

ok to get back to the creep adj what is shown in the pic (of the bota) is the hst. if you disconnect the lever from the rod and move back and forth you can feel where it should center (reconnect rod so it fits at this point.) Then there is an adjustment screw on the side of the hst with an alen hed bolt with a lock nut. This sets your neutral (creep) pressures. the correct way to do this adjustment is with two pressure gauges but I just did mine the redneck way the other day.
Pick the rear end off the ground and put it in neut,
start the bota,
see if the tires rotate on there own,
if so loosen lock nut and adj screw.
If I remember right you turn the screw clockwise to make wheels go in rev counter for fwd.