new tires

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
time to revisit the new tire need. i have pretty much settled on ITP Bajacross for my type of use. any advice on size and width before i order???
2014 X1100C.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i have used a tread pattern like that on my Land Rover for years and it performs well. should be a good all purpose tread for a UTV.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I still love my blackwater evolutions. The front 's treads are gonna wear out before they break down too. That's never happened in my 8400 hours of seat time. Thrown may light weights sets away in the past cause they just plain broke down. developed bulges etc.. That's why I intensely look at the weight rating on any tires I buy. Will probably order 2 for the front when time to sell as back ones still look good. Will have to see if it makes a big difference in price . I need aggressive tires here on the wet areas with the slow moving rtv .. My 12 " boots were almost sucked off today when I opened a gate.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I still love my blackwater evolutions. The front 's treads are gonna wear out before they break down too. That's never happened in my 8400 hours of seat time. Thrown may light weights sets away in the past cause they just plain broke down. developed bulges etc.. That's why I intensely look at the weight rating on any tires I buy. Will probably order 2 for the front when time to sell as back ones still look good. Will have to see if it makes a big difference in price . I need aggressive tires here on the wet areas with the slow moving rtv .. My 12 " boots were almost sucked off today when I opened a gate.

load rating was one reason i am interested in the ITP. the Blackwater trad pattern is to aggressive for my needs. i don't really have mud but dry sand and fragile landscape. plus i road quite a bit between property.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Agreed. The blacktop between pastures here puts the hurt on the aggressive tread esp the front tires.
I went back and looked at when I bought the BE and it was right at 1800 hrs ago or roughly 3 years.
I like the looks of the ones pictured that Doc is looking at too . Have fun working the keyboard and looking at all the choices out there . collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the load rating on the ITP tires is pretty good. i like the tread pattern on the Tusk tires also because it is a tried and true pattern i am familiar with. but in real terms i have to remember that the stock tires held up pretty fair and actually didn't have any traction problems.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
something i noticed is the Tusk tire is DOT approved. not a big deal for me but this really helps the high speed folks quite a bit and for trail driving.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
something i noticed is the Tusk tire is DOT approved. not a big deal for me but this really helps the high speed folks quite a bit and for trail driving.
Yes, a huge point to me. The Honda Pioneer will go over 60 mph ....50 to 55 is normally my top speed when running on pavement between trails. Others with the Tusk tires have said they are more stable than the OEM tires that I am currently running.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Have you tried "all terrain online" I'm not sure if that the right name , but believe so..The fellow I talked to there has incredible knowledge of tires/ rims and his name is Robin. I think it's a family run business and bought a set in the past mounted on rims from him. They were't Kubota rims but they were the right lug pattern and came via UPS ready to roll.

has anybody used 26 10 12 size on their machines ? or any other sizes? pro and cons???

My 2016 RTV X1100c came with Rip Saw 26x10R-12 tires installed all the around. These are very aggressive tires, which is suitable for my usage that involves a lot of snow plowing. I would not recommend them as the load rating is too low, 440 lb./tire. These were already installed on the vehicle before I purchased it. I run them at higher than the recommended pressure of 7 psig, which I hope will make them more suitable for the actual vehicle weight. Also the reduced speeds of an RTV may(?) allow them some latitude in the load rating. I have not had any problems with rubbing or whatever that might be associated with the increased tire diameter. I suppose the actual vehicle speed is about 4% higher than the speedometer reads, and it probably degrades the torque in some amount.

I am not experienced enough with RTVs to really give you a response about how that tire size compares to the standard 25" tire since I have only owned the vehicle with these tires. Sorry.

Lee

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
new development. the tire i am looking at only comes in 26 11 12 and is supposed to be mounted on a 9 inch wide rim. do you think i can mount them on my stock rims? will they rub on the fenders or frame when i turn? the diameter is 27.3 i think.

VA1100

Aurthuritis, I'm running 27 x 11 x 14 on my X1100C front and rear, on aftermarket wheels. I can get you the specs on the wheel as far as offset and backspacing if you would like it. It is a Kanati Mongrel, DOT approved 8 ply. They now offer it in a 10 ply rating, when I bought my set they were also available for a 12" wheel. I've been very happy with this set of tires.
Pete

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Aurthuritis, I'm running 27 x 11 x 14 on my X1100C front and rear, on aftermarket wheels. I can get you the specs on the wheel as far as offset and backspacing if you would like it. It is a Kanati Mongrel, DOT approved 8 ply. They now offer it in a 10 ply rating, when I bought my set they were also available for a 12" wheel. I've been very happy with this set of tires.
Pete

Thank You Very much. that would be some very useful information.

does your X1100c have enough power to overcome the extra radius?

VA1100

Aurthuritis, The wheel is a 14 x 8, backspace of 4, and offset of -10.2. I think Delta makes a steel wheel that will work, if I had it to do over again I would have gone that route, just because of pricing. I really didn't see much difference in the performance when I changed tires, I'm know there is some, but it wasn't enough for me to notice.
Pete

Last edited:

VA1100

Aurthuritis, I just did it for ground clearance, I was dragging the bottom over too many rocks. I ended up adding a 2” lift as well, between the two it made a huge difference in ground clearance.
Pete