New shed out of old materials

xPosTech

Yes really great weather, Mark. I was able to get a little accomplished, too. Not as much as I hoped but enough to be satisfying.

Hope you get some good news tomorrow. I have a prayer list...you're on it.:wave:

Ted

mobilus

Woohoo! Well, after all the ups and downs of the past couple of months, I'm proud to say that there was no cancer. High blood pressure, which explains some of my fatigue, but no cancer. The good Lord has His ways, and He really got my attention with this one.

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers throughout this troubling time for me and my family.

So, even though the incision from the biopsy still hasn't fully healed, I'm back out and in the thick of things. Over the past few days, I pulled off the back wall of the stables. Now I just need to clean all my junk out of two of the stalls, and re-wall it up again with some 1/2 inch chipboard (obviously after I get the tin on the equipment shed) that was originally used as a safety barrier by a contractor working on the hangar I work in. When they were packing their stuff up, I asked what they were going to do with the chipboard (sheathing) and he gave me around 20 sheets of it. It's amazing what folks will give away.

Okay, enough of this...y'all have a great day!
Mark

N

Nicahawk

Woohoo! Well, after all the ups and downs of the past couple of months, I'm proud to say that there was no cancer. High blood pressure, which explains some of my fatigue, but no cancer. The good Lord has His ways, and He really got my attention with this one.

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers throughout this troubling time for me and my family.

So, even though the incision from the biopsy still hasn't fully healed, I'm back out and in the thick of things. Over the past few days, I pulled off the back wall of the stables. Now I just need to clean all my junk out of two of the stalls, and re-wall it up again with some 1/2 inch chipboard (obviously after I get the tin on the equipment shed) that was originally used as a safety barrier by a contractor working on the hangar I work in. When they were packing their stuff up, I asked what they were going to do with the chipboard (sheathing) and he gave me around 20 sheets of it. It's amazing what folks will give away.

Okay, enough of this...y'all have a great day!
Mark

Mark, so glad everything turned out OK.
icon7.gif
That is truly good news. I'm happy for you, (and your family).
icon14.gif

NOW...get back to work!
icon10.gif
:wink:

irwin

That great mobilus!! The cold and sometimes painfull process of aging has me hungry for good/happy news.

As to your shed addition, well I'm always thinking of any way (cheap) to build shelter for my growing family of tools and equiptment. Thanks for posting this process..:D

mobilus

Thanks, guys! Blessings sometime come in not what you've got, but in what you haven't. I know this applies to cancer, but it applies to a lot of other things in life as well.

Irwin, I came up with a source of tin that I hadn't thought of before my empty pool became the victim of a severe windstorm. If you see any old above-ground pools in your area, snatch them up, because the sidewalls are some stout sheetmetal. They're pretty quick to dis-assemble too. And in a common 24 foot pool, there should be around (24' X 3.14) X 4' = just over 300 sq ft of tin.

I was planning on starting to tear down that barn for the materials tomorrow, but now they're calling for freezing precip. I'm beginning to think about buying new tin, just to get a move on this project.

Y'all have a good day.

mobilus

Wow, it has been about three weeks since I last posted in this thread. I tore the back wall of the existing loafing shed, and it's been about two weeks since I worked on the shed.

During that time, I've torn down that barn, and brought home a lot of other materials as well: oilfield pipe, sucker rod, concrete blocks, barrels, buckets, and all sorts of crap. My burn pile is about the size of a small house now, because the majority of the wood was rotten. I came out of the deal pretty good.

Now I need to get that tin on the shed before I get busy with my sideline business when it warms up. There is a slight tinge of green on some of the grass already...if we get some more rain, I might be able to make some money.

Oh, we had some of that frozen precip yesterday, in all of its forms. Like they say, "If you don't like the weather (in north Texas), just wait 15 minutes". Today, it is back into the 60s.

mobilus

I got a few sheets installed. It has been crazy windy here in north Tejas lately...and getting decapitated by a sheet of tin isn't high on my "want to do" list. Maybe this weekend I can get the rest done.

Attachments

• DSC00985.JPG
    DSC00985.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 35

lb59

Remember that I live in a rural community in Texas...
1*the only thing that requires any inspection is septic systems...
2* I can build any structure out of what ever i choose.
1*Same here
2*So can I.

This is as it should be everywhere.
There is already to much infringement on our freedoms and government melding into our affairs.

== L B ==

mobilus

So I finally got a roof on the shed a couple of weeks ago, but just now have the time to update the post.

My progress to date...

Attachments

• DSC01041.JPG
    DSC01041.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01039.JPG
    DSC01039.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 37
  • DSC01038.JPG
    DSC01038.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC01040.JPG
    DSC01040.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 35
N

Nicahawk

Good job! Feels good when it all comes together, and the really good part is that you don't have much in it!