Acceleration problem RTV900

pepsicolla

Ok I know there is some good posts on this problem. I have a 2008 RTV 900 But I have red through most and my problem still exists. Ok first I know these are not meant to spin the wheels off and I know at the end of the day its a tractor based system. But here is what Im dealing with. When I accelerate the machine in M or H it takes a country mile to get up to speed and forget about on grade or if you happen to be in a rut or something the motor will rev and the machine will crawl forward or not at all. Here is what I have done so far. I have adjusted the throttle to transmission cables so that all are at there fullest position when the gas pedal is depressed to the floor. I also adjusted the servo screw several times with no change in improvement. All filters and fluid have been changed in the whole system. I have a very good background in rebuilding hydro pumps for commercial lawn mowers hydro pumps which in the pictures looks to be a very similar setup using a rotor block and piston system. When this similar problem happens on the mowers its almost always the swash plate is worn and or a combination of plate and rotor. Though in the mowers it seems when the fluids warm up the problem will get worse and worse as more the fluid bypasses easier. Im dont seem to get that problem with this RTV. It just seems genuinely very weak throughout all fluid temperature ranges.
2 question here. Is it possible the servo plunger is stuck in a fixed position and not adjusting? If so how hard of a repair is that?
Second is it worth pulling the swash plates out to verify there condition? If so is it a huge undertaking? Or is it something that can be done while the system is still the the RTV?

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.
When you changed the fluid and filters, did you use Kubota's filters and their UDT/SUDT or SUDT2 fluid? RTV's do not like or perform properly with aftermarket fluids.
Did you check or remove the spark arrestor in your exhaust. They clog up and totally suck the life out of your RTV.

When on inclines, there's an auxiliary pump in the RTV's tranny. If/when you find your RTV bogging down, back off the go-pedal to somewhere around half-way. You'll hear the engine rev back up and you'll have plenty of power but your speed will go down.

pepsicolla

Thank you for your response. I didnt personally change the filters but they are both correct Kubota filters and they are dated as changed back in early December. I cant know for certain that they used the correct fluid however.
As far as the arrestor Im not certain but I do know the motor doesnt seem to struggle at all under load. Its as if the clutch in a car is slipping. Not sure how else to describe it. Obviously not a clutch but Im sure you get the point.
Ill have to look into how the AUX pump works. Ive not yet tried that so I will. Though I still think as bad as it is while that may work not sure it will address the underlying issue.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Definitely check that spark arrestor. It will rob power like a bank robber and a pot of unwatched cash. collie

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
not sure what servo you adjusted. but the high pressure relief has more to do with power than the servo does. might check to see when your peddle is pushed to the stop that the little lever on the injection pump is against the stop. did you adjust the hst peddle and fuel cables according to the kubota spec in the manual? it is very important that the cam on the lever match all pump and fuel settings or nothing will work right.

Kanook

There were some issues reported on this forum regarding either the drive shaft u-joint or the axle u-joint splines wearing and slipping due to wear. May have nothing to do with your machine but thought it worth mentioning.