Adding Accessory Switches to RTV-X1120 w/No Cab

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Does anyone have experience adding the 5 way accessory wiring harness to the 1120D (not equipped with cab/windshield set up?

Ordered a KUB 77700-VC5080 from the dealer which is (I am told) is the only item available but its for you lucky ones with a cab/windshield package.

Here's the rub...without the cab and VC windshield housing, there is no where to install the panel.

Parts guy told me I'd have to build and mount a box on which to attach this plastic plate and switches.

I am fairly handy with a pan break and can obtain some sheet aluminum but thought one of our innovative forum members may have crossed this bridge before me.

The winch will have its own rocker switch so that's one blank I can use on the dash.

Any experience would be helpful. Thanks

Tony

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You want to mount this harness to the ROPS?

If so, I'd recommend you look at "DJ O-Clamps" like what's pictured below. You clamp it around your ROPS then the bolt that's on the left side of the picture is what you use to mount your accessory. As pictured, there's an insert in the large hole to step it down to 1.5" but when popped out, it's a 2" diameter hole which is the diameter of the RTV's ROPS.

I have these all over my RTV. They're the brackets that hold my home-made windshield, coat hooks, mounting bracket for ROPS mounted speakers...

12230_1.jpg

drpad1120

I have a x1120d with a Seizmick windshield so i could not use the switch mounting panel that came with the accessory wiring harness. I used a TEQStone Rocker Switch Panel 3 Gang With Double USB Slot Charger+Voltmeter purchased on Amazon.

I mounted this below the key switch

Also I used the Blue Sea Systems 5025 ST Blade Fuse Block - 6 Circuits with Negative Bus and Cover instead of the fuse block in the kit.

Sorry for the blurry pics

Attachments

• 2017-10-08_13.48.52.jpg
    2017-10-08_13.48.52.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 2017-10-08_13.48.16.jpg
    2017-10-08_13.48.16.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 152
  • 2017-10-08_13.50.09.jpg
    2017-10-08_13.50.09.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 153

drpad1120

The switch is for sale on Amazon. TeqStone Switch.

I replaced the blank switches with MICTUNING Laser LED Light Bar Rocker Switches.

Attachments

• 6150e1t3FiL._SL1200_.jpg
    6150e1t3FiL._SL1200_.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 106

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
I got one look at the switch plate that came with this kit and decided to order a teqstone panel like yours except with four switches.

I am planning to use the fuse block that came with the original kit - its not too bad except for the vinyl flap cover - not really an engineered solution to be sure.

My Wife is rather strongly opposed to cutting any holes in the RTV's dash. And since it is technically hers, I am building a box to hold the switch plate and attaching it to the ROPS with the clamp you recommended. It arrived a few weeks ago.

I am having a little difficulty finding 16 gauge two conductor wire (red/black) in a black sleeve. All the marine applications I've found are white. If I don't find something, I will just wrap them in wire loom.

So the included wire harnesses will get power from the chassis to the fuse block and I'll run wires from the block to the switchboxes. Should be a good Saturday project.

Thanks for the examples - big help.