Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Heatwave, it will be about 58 days (haha and counting) but as soon as we get them, I sure will post pictures. That is Millie and Belle (laying down) in my avatar.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Poopies are God's love for every moment......

Sounds like you have a standing order in for a new mom, Sister Judy....Gestation of poopies is 55 to 60 days.............

Why don't you have one of these???.........3 days old now....Take it in addition to those on order.....Would realllllly love to ship YOU one. There are only 12 to choose from. Great pasture guard dog or daddy is a yard/house dog. Sleeps inside at night and goes immediately to wherever wife is sleeping and loves to sleep in grand daughter's door when they stay here............Humans are his herd........

The other two are my riding buds........She, the white face, sits on the seat and cuddles, you know how that goes, and the other rides in the door on the floor.........

Attachments

• 20170310_080512.jpg
    20170310_080512.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 20170310_080529.jpg
    20170310_080529.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 214

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
ooooops Mama and family did not load.........here they are

Attachments

• 20170306_195302_resized.jpg
    20170306_195302_resized.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 210

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Wow Dennis, that mama has a job taking care of that crowd. haha. I think our limit is 2 and b-i-l has already ordered them but how very kind of you to offer to do that . I so appreciate it. The black muzzle b c looks almost identical to Belle.
Those are some good pictures of your team and I know you are very pleased. It is good to have grand kids that are interested in the farm you have worked so hard to build, that and will help out .
You have a blessed day my friend and thank you so much for the gracious offer . judy aka bordercollie

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
What an awesome weekend! Finally got decent weather (temps up into the 60°s).

I got so many chores done and can't appreciate enough having a tractor with loader and implements, the RTV and an ATV with trailers for all chores.

My pines near the road were just about dead. No problem. Tractor with loader and ripped them right out of the ground. I pulled about 10 of them out. The Mrs. pulled in the driveway while I was cleaning up... didn't even notice the missing trees. Put the rototiller on and got the garden ready for planting.

ATV - besides the normal running around, used the spreader and laid out 200# of triple 19 fertilizer on the lawn. With trailer in tow, cleaned up all lawn debris.

RTV - ran around with the chainsaw and cleaned up several downed trees from recent wind storms. Wood is cut/split stacked with the tops laid out next to the burn pit.

The list of chores completed goes on-and-on. It's just so nice to have these machines to help get everything done. What a force multiplier these machines can be. :)

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'll 2nd that. I worked my tractor and RTV to the hilt last Friday and Saturday. We had a 40 x 40 area of 6"+ concrete that was busted out and replaced I told the contractor to pile it by my pole barn and I would use it to line the river bank to slow down erosion. Well, it took me a few years to get to that project but I got it all moved from beside my pole barn 3/4 mile away to the river bank.

My wife got the seat time while I directed where to put the loader. I would scoot or flip the stone blocks into the loader and then have her dump them softly into the RTV dump bed. Worked like a charm. by my estimate we moved 5000 to 6000 lbs of concrete. Whew. Thank goodness for the tractor and RTV for doing all the heavy work.

Old Man 1944

Gold Site Supporter
You guys just wear me out just reading your posts on all the work you do in such a short time. I'm lucking to work an hour and I'm wore out. Old age is so fun. :mad:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
ohhhhhhhhh boy oh boy.....A new mama for us....CONGRATULATIONS Judy.....Cant wait to see and hear all...............

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Got them !! :)

We made a short road trip and picked up the pups at our friends house north of here. He and his wife were gracious and served as a drop off for these Missouri pups.They have a border collie too . We also went to this little fish place and had all you can eat fried catfish and fixings ! talk about fresh Mississippi farm raised catfish ! Man , it was so good !!! I could hardly walk when we left ...
The puppies are bundles of energy and full of steam . I think they were kept outside in Missouri and so this is their first event to spend so much time in a house. I will have to remember my puppy training .. it's been 17 years since I was around puppies to housebreak.The one in my lap looks so much like Belle I can't believe it and ... it favors me so far..
hahaha!

Attachments

• KIMG0028.jpg
    KIMG0028.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 112
  • KIMG0016.jpg
    KIMG0016.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 110
  • KIMG0023.jpg
    KIMG0023.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 111
  • KIMG0007.jpg
    KIMG0007.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 110
  • KIMG0008.jpg
    KIMG0008.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
So which one gets the floor and the other the "cuddle" spot???........lol....So proud for you!!!........Just remember, right after nap, 10 minutes after eating, just before bedtime, and first thing in the morning.....That's the secret and time table for keeping my pants dry.....God bless YOU Judy.........Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you . :) They are about 2 1/2 months old and full of mischief haha. Well.... on the cuddling , they alternate laps .. I have a feeling though that the black and white will like my lap and the feel of my hand on her head and then again the multi colored one likes it too. If only they wouldn't think the rug by the table was a toilet. Even just out and business done... here they come and .... uh oh.. so bound to the utility room for now. Unless truly in our laps. Much to learn and then I will have a milk crate on the Kubota seat like Two Guns did, till I can safely ride her around. collie

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Caught three swarms yesterday. It was warm here in Ohio, then cold and rainy for about two weeks. I knew the first nice day we have would generate swarms and yesterday was that day.

Attachments

• image1(3).jpg
    image1(3).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image2(2).jpg
    image2(2).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 68
  • image3(1).jpg
    image3(1).jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 70
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 69

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
That is awesome Alaskan! I love bees and try to protect them around here. :) I will try to find a quick bee video tonight, that Two Guns made into a You tube for me. :) collie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I couldn't find it but here are pictures instead, I'm in the bucket of the tractor, on a ladder that my bil is holding, I'm up there with a bee suit on and putting a screened cover fitting which fits a toilet flange over a bee hole. I mounted it on the tree ( I love my cordless drill for that ) . My niece was getting married under the tree that evening. I let the bees out afterwards. :) That was 3 years ago and they are still in the tree - coming and going as always all the daylong. :) collie

Attachments

• 1-get-attachmentW71TG1D8.jpg
    1-get-attachmentW71TG1D8.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 1-get-attachment123.jpg
    1-get-attachment123.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 1-bee#2.jpg
    1-bee#2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 1-get-attachment1234-001.jpg
    1-get-attachment1234-001.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 53

ovrszd

Seems they come and go in my timber. For the past 5 years I've had 5 swarms in trees that I've watched. Last Fall they all disappeared. This Spring I've only found one and they are in a new tree.

I've seeded 37 acres into the USDA Pollinator program. Will add 23 more acres this Fall. Will take a couple years for the pollinating plants to get established.

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
I couldn't find it but here are pictures instead, I'm in the bucket of the tractor, on a ladder that my bil is holding, I'm up there with a bee suit on and putting a screened cover fitting which fits a toilet flange over a bee hole. I mounted it on the tree ( I love my cordless drill for that ) . My niece was getting married under the tree that evening. I let the bees out afterwards. :) That was 3 years ago and they are still in the tree - coming and going as always all the daylong. :) collie

Collie that is awesome! Very creative, allows for ventilation I like it! Looks like you have a beautiful place there stands to reason she would want to get married there. Also love the ladder in bucket combo! Yesterday I had one on the roof of my combine trying to get a swarm out of a tree...
Save the bees!

Status
Not open for further replies.