ITP Blackwater Evolution 27" tire upgrade

Johnny Gunz

rangerbob57,
I have a X1120D and went with 27x11 on all 4 corners. I did buy new wheels (ITP Delta Steel with a 2+5 offset) to make sure there was no rub in the front on tie rod ends, and i wanted to keep my original tires for summer leisure riding. AfterMarketOrange told me that 27x10 would fit on factory rims, but I didnt want to chance a rub, and tires I ordered were only in 9" and 11" widths. I wanted the 11", so thats why I ordered new rims. These ITP Delta Steel rims are cheap. They can be had for under $40 each. Also, the X series has adjustable suspension, and I turned my up to max to add another 1/2- 3/4 inch clearance.

Attachments

• Kubota.jpg
    Kubota.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 251

rangerbob57

Blackwater evolution 27"x11"

I ended up putting on Blackwater Evolution 27"x11" all the way around. I took a chance and used the stock rims, no rubbing issues at all. The tires work awesome and no more leaks. I had 2 tires that came on it leaking air within 50 miles. The Blackwaters are 8ply. It is night and day in the mud from the tires that came on it. My 2016 1140x also has coils front and back. I did the same thing and tightened them up all the way and gained a little more clearance. Didn't seem to affect the ride at all. Doesn't seem to cut down on the power at all. Very happy with my choice. I will buy them again, maybe even the 28"ones.

FTG-05

Blackwater Evolutions SUCK!

Let's see if we can count the ways:

- They look great on my RTV, see pics below
- Huge carrying capacity, especially vs. my old crappy Craptyles 489s
- Who needs 4wd anymore? Even up and down my hills
- Did I mention they look great? Did I mention pics?

And these are the bad points!!!

IMG_20160409_182441125%20Large_zpsg2nvvrfe.jpg

IMG_20160409_182542690%20Large_zpsigpnkedy.jpg

And don't get me started on the great service (and prices) by Robin over at AllTerrainOnLine.com!

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
FTG-05 Yes,They are a mighty fine tire and get me home- better than any tire I have owned for the Kubota and I have boughtmore than several sets of other brand duds since 2005. :) These Evolutions look great on your machine too- Also your view is gorgeous :tiphat: .bordercollie

ovrszd

I offroad a lot. Don't own a vehicle that's not 4x4. Have owned many, many different aggressive tread tires.

I can't say these are the best I've used. I can say they are a tremendous gain over the factory tires. :)

Fordman

Site Supporter
The mongrels look great ! That's what I'm thinking of getting because we have to ride about 2 1/2 miles on pavement to get to our property , but hopefully they perform pretty well in the light mud ? How have they did off road for you so far ? Thanks

VA1100

Fordman, I have been very happy with the Mongrel tires. I don't run in a lot of deep mud, but have no problems going through the mud holes in the logging roads. We didn't get much snow this year, but the two times I did plow I never used four wheel drive. I had worksite tires before, they would just spin on top of the ground, this set of tires will dig in and bite. I mainly bought them to gain ground clearance, which has helped a lot in the area where I use my buggy, the traction was an added bonus. The mongrel is a DOT speed rated tire, at one point I was trying to get it registered to legally run on the road, but there is no way to do that in Virginia.
Thanks,
Pete

Fordman

Site Supporter
Thank you for the reply , I was looking at the 26/10/12 but may look at the size you have if no rubbing , I've heard the mongrels last a very Long time even with some highway use , so you have 27/14 ? They sure look great

VA1100

Fordman, I am running the 14" wheels, I believe there may be more tire options with 12" wheels, but I wanted to minimize the tire sidewall height as much as possible to keep from running.a rock or stick through them. I have had my buggy loaded down very heavy and haven't had any rubbing. The tire gets close to the plow when it is angled as sharp as it will go, but doesn't hit it.
Thanks,
Pete

Fordman

Site Supporter
Just got these mounted gonna install tomorrow night more pics to follow, oh they are 27-8.50-14

Attachments

• DSCN0113.jpg
    DSCN0113.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

ovrszd

Great lookin tires. I've used Maxxis tires for several years on ATVs. Always had good luck with them.

Do you know the load rating on those?

Fordman

Site Supporter
Richard, all I know is it says load rating C ? Says 1580lbs per tire idk, they are light truck dot tires , I was wanting some that would last a long time we ride a touch over 5 miles on pavement to get to our property & it really eats regular mud tread. Thanks. William

Fordman

Site Supporter
Clocked it today about 2.7 miles one way so a touch over 5 miles there & back on pavement,