Brand New RTVX1100C

ovrszd

Hey RTVMAN Congratulations on your new RTV! I can only echo others in telling you that it is a awesome machine and you will love it!
I wanted to offer some input on making left turns.... If I am driving a tractor or something else with out turn signals down the road, and am planning to make a left turn with no oncoming traffic and cars on my butt, I like to ease over towards the center line before the turn, and generally cross over it into the oncoming lane or straddle the center line so that people behind are aware that I am going to make a left turn also make it ridiculous to try and pass. I think its really dangerous when someone in front of me driving a tractor just rips it into a driveway with no warning to the following cars. I hope this helps.... also slowing way down before the turn in traffic situations also may alert attentive drivers your about to make a move.
Please be careful way to many impatient or distracted drivers out there!

I'm on the road with a 28mph grader a lot. I do the same thing, even though it has very bright LED blinkers. If I have clear vision of oncoming traffic I'm straddling the centerline 100yds before I get to my turn. Soon as I move over traffic behind me slows and gives me room. :)

rtvman

Rtvman
As you can see I have the turn signal kit. And I installed myself it is plug and play easy to do.
Oh and nice!!! machine

Tom,

Did you order an extra rear light? It's been bugging me that there is only one on the back. I like symmetry. HAHA

rtvman

Hey RTVMAN Congratulations on your new RTV! I can only echo others in telling you that it is a awesome machine and you will love it!
I wanted to offer some input on making left turns.... If I am driving a tractor or something else with out turn signals down the road, and am planning to make a left turn with no oncoming traffic and cars on my butt, I like to ease over towards the center line before the turn, and generally cross over it into the oncoming lane or straddle the center line so that people behind are aware that I am going to make a left turn also make it ridiculous to try and pass. I think its really dangerous when someone in front of me driving a tractor just rips it into a driveway with no warning to the following cars. I hope this helps.... also slowing way down before the turn in traffic situations also may alert attentive drivers your about to make a move.
Please be careful way to many impatient or distracted drivers out there!

Thank you! We are loving the RTV, blew the horn fuse by accident and took me an hour to find the fuse box, under the tray, didn't even know it was removable. Thank goodness for manuals haha!

As per your suggestion, I always slow down, check mirrors and migrate to the left lane and turn from there, however my wife doesn't like the no blinker effect, wish she would've just told me before I got the machine HAHA i could've let them install it.

rtvman

Welcome to the world of RTV and our Forum. As you will see, the Forum has great Administrators and great members. We all help solve RTV issues and share experiences, good and not so good, as well as giving you ideas on spending your money on after sale add ones. Lights, winches, stick stoppers, radios, wheels, tires, snow plows, trailers, food plot planters, weed swipers, sprayers, water tanks, hoisting systems, storage ideas, drink holders, backup cameras, seats, tops, doors, racks of all sorts and useful glamour items just to list a few off the top of my head. We all love to see your photos so don't hold back.

That's our 2012 RTV.

Keifer,
I love your RTV love the lights and all. Stick stoppers I've heard a bunch about from Peanut? is that correct? Where can I order some, I think that would be a worthwhile investment.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
They are very worthwhile. Peanut, Jamie, is an off shore welder. He has been working pretty hard on that for the last year or so and is definitely hard to get ahold of . In addition, his patterns are for the older 900 series machines/front ends and he needs access to the later models in order to develop a pattern. ..........Perhaps someone can tell you more or dig out his phone number......Good luck.......Dennis

Tailrotor

Tom,

Did you order an extra rear light? It's been bugging me that there is only one on the back. I like symmetry. HAHA

Rtvman
I have installed all new led lights on mine 3 up front 2 in back I was able to use the old brackets for the 3 and made two more in my shop to install the other ones. Lights I got of eBay 3800 lumens a piece bright and light stuff up like daylight.

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3388.jpg
    IMG_3388.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 61

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Speaking of LED lights, something just hit me.

Are the OEM headlights LED's or old school halogen or whatever they are?

As I recall, when Messick's does their Christmas light show, (https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=messicks+light+show) they used to pull out the old halogen or whatever the OEM bulbs are and replace them with LED so the bulbs could keep up with the light show.

If that's the case and if anyone is interested, I could contact Messick's to see if the LED bulbs used in their light show are available as an upgrade/change for RTV headlights.