How to replace front drive shaft axle x1100c

Dragonflyranch

Hi. We have searched EVERYWHERE online and can't find anything on how to take out and replace the front drive shaft. It is not the same as the 900. Has anyone had to do this? Do u have to take apart the front diff to get it out?

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Make sure you take lots of pictures for your write-up to post here........THANKS

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
A service manual would help but the best I can suggest is to go to the Messick website, register with your email address and look at the parts diagrams. Hopefully, you'll see the exploded view which might help with understanding the disassembly.

Hopefully, before you need to do that, someone will join in and share their experience.

Bob

Alaskanassasin

Site Supporter
Hi. We have searched EVERYWHERE online and can't find anything on how to take out and replace the front drive shaft. It is not the same as the 900. Has anyone had to do this? Do u have to take apart the front diff to get it out?

How far into it have you made it? Usually a drive line just slides out of a diffy.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
from looking at the parts diagram i would say loosen the large hose clamp and the small hose clamp from the boot. them pull back the boot and remove the snap ring from the end of the shaft holding the cv joint on the shaft. slide the cv off of the end of the shaft into the cup and lower the shaft. be aware there is a spring and cup that may have to be dropped out before the cv will slide from the shaft. I AM GUESSING AFTER LOOKING AT THE PARTS DIAGRAM ONLY SO PROCEED WITH CAUTION

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
another possibility would be to remove the bolts from the front diff and pull it forward enough to get the shaft off of the splines on the stub shaft on the diff

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Great information on the front end OldMan1944 . I'll zoom it out to read. ( On Chrome, I use the zoom choice by going to the 3 little dots in the top right corner and choosng zoom from the drop down) . collie

Last edited:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
A quick zoom alternative:
If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, hold down your CTRL key (left hand works easiest), and roll your scroll wheel. Forward zooms in (increases font size), backward zooms out.
This works in pretty much all applications running in Windows. (Word, Excel, Firefox, Chrome, IE, e-mail...).

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If you have a scroll wheel on your mouse, hold down your CTRL key (left hand works easiest), and roll your scroll wheel. Forward zooms in (increases font size), backward zooms out.
This works in pretty much all applications running in Windows. (Word, Excel, Firefox, Chrome, IE, e-mail...).

THANK YOU ZOOM !!!! I'm left handed anyways so super easy then. :) collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
And if you don't have a scroll wheel on your mouse another option is:
Hold down ctrl and hit the Plus or Minus sign ....so for plus its: just ctrl and the key the plus sign is on ...no shift needed. Just hold ctrl and hit plus a few times or minus a few times to make it smaller. Easy peezy.