Electrical problem

Mpecor

Hi everyone I am a new member. I have enjoyed the information, suggestions and the classifieds. So here I am. I have an '03 L4610 Kubota. Ran out of diesel so I was bleeding the fuel to get it running. Was cranking over just fine and suddenly there were no indicator lights illuminated on the dash and there was nothing when I turned the key. I mean absolutely nothing. It was as if the power source, battery had been removed. Here's some history although I'm not sure they are related. For some reason the ground wire for the headlights had overheated and fried the entire ground wire to those lights. History over. While my son was cranking I was looking at the wire situation to repair it. That's when the power went away and still even after all my troubleshooting it still has no power. Help, help, help Thanks, I kind of chattered on and on. I'm not sure if this is a new thread or not. I guess I need lots of help

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When that happens to me, it's normally a bad connection (or bad cable) at the battery.

Try another battery and some jumper cables to see if that changes anything. If same issue at the battery, connect your jumper cables at the other end of the cables (starter and ground) to see if it's your battery cables.

Kanook

I second Zooms comments...sounds like your battery gnd connection needs attention..or your panel ground went away or was being supplied by the headlight ground path......and the headlight ground was supplying the connection until the burn out.

Mpecor

Electrical problem solved

Thank you very much for the help. You were right on the issue. I went back and took a good look at my cables. The ground cable somehow had loosen up so there was more of a bad connection than a good one. I'm relieved that I didn't ruin more stuff with a bad grnd. Hey, thanks again