Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Prospective Buyer Forums > Tractor Selection Forum

Tractor Selection Forum Do you need help with figuring out what size or type of tractor you need? Ask your questions right here.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:18 AM

Michael30 is on a distinguished road
Question Help an amateur to choose tractor

Good afernoon everyone
I have a question to ask you
Me grandfather has a farm and together with my sister we decided to buy him a tractor to help with all his business
We have 2 variants to choose:john-deere-6920 and john-deere-6830

The thing is me and my sister have no idea about technical questions, we just found this tractors because of treirs price
So maybe anyone could help us to make a right choise and make a good present for our grandpa, thank you
Old 11-02-2018, 08:47 AM

bczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nicebczoom is just really nice

Welcome to the forum. Very generous of you and your sister to buy your grandfather a tractor!

The first thing when selecting a tractor is to know what the needs are. Can you provide any details? What does he have now for tractors and will this new one be a replacement for something older?

The tractors in your links are not small. They're meant for pretty large operations. How much land does he have and what does he do with it? If he doesn't have a tractor close in size and horsepower to what you're looking at, his current implements may be too small. If too small, the tractor can damage the implements easily so he may have to buy new implements which can get costly.

Any more details you could provide would help.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:52 AM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

Very nice of you both but just like it is hard to buy a pair of pants for another guy, picking out a tractor for someone else is not advisable. Take him with you shopping and let him sit in the seats get the feel of each. You can still write the check and I'm sure he'll be thrilled but making a purchase like this without his input is not the best thing to do.

PS: I'm afraid this is spam and a way to put links on our site. If no replies / discussion from the OP the links will disappear.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++