Where are the tractor pics Redneck?

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey Redneck, we're all freezing up north. How about some of those action tractor pics we were talking about the other day? Please!!!!!!! :thumb:

howierd3866

how about these Doc...not new one but still no snow on the ground

Attachments

• psl tractors 009.jpg
    psl tractors 009.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 42
  • psl tractors 008.jpg
    psl tractors 008.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 37

howierd3866

here some new ones from Tues...something no one else has down here in Fla.

Attachments

• offset mower 002.jpg
    offset mower 002.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 41
  • offset mower 003.jpg
    offset mower 003.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 36
  • offset mower 004.jpg
    offset mower 004.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 35
  • offset mower 006.jpg
    offset mower 006.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 36
  • offset mower 007.jpg
    offset mower 007.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 38
  • offset mower 008.jpg
    offset mower 008.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 35
  • offset mower 012.jpg
    offset mower 012.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 42

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome. Rep points for you Howierd!!!!! Thanks man!!!!!

Anyone else have some to share? Howierd got the ball rolling. :thumb:

urednecku

:hide: Haven't gotten any lately. I'll try to get some in the next few days. I've only been taking hay to the cattle for the last month or so, but the oranges are finally picked, & I have a bunch of dead trees to get outta the grove. Couldn't do it earlier because of knocking this crop off the trees, but now it's time for em to go!

In the mean time, here's some older ones too drool over.
Even the boys love the 'Bota, with------- THE CLAW!

Attachments

• Feb20045.JPG
    Feb20045.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Feb20056.JPG
    Feb20056.JPG
    195.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Feb20059.JPG
    Feb20059.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Feb20091.JPG
    Feb20091.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 34
  • Feb20094.JPG
    Feb20094.JPG
    173 KB · Views: 36

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! That claw is awesome. Good pics Larry. Thanks!!!!!! Reps for you too. :thumb: :D

urednecku

My late Dad and myself had talked a couple years before he passed about getting a new tractor with FEL. When I checked on prices, I didn't feel we could justify the cost. After using this for just a few hours, I knew I was wrong. The FEL, especially with the claw, is as handy as the tractor itself. I've wished ever since I got it we had done years ago. How/why I bought it is another story, but I feel it was my late Dad that set it up.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congrats on that RN :thumb:

I have to give credit where credit is due. TBN folks gave me great advice as far as the FEL. I asked about buying the tractor and adding the FEL later, all because of cost. They said the FEL will be used for things I can't even imagine, and it makes the tractor whole. It's harder to come up with the cash later than to finance the whole thing in one purchase. They were so right. A tractor is a much more useful tool with the FEL. I pass on the good advice whenever I get the chance. :thumb:

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
I agree on the FEL Doc. I had a Yanmar with no FEL. I looked into installing one and what I was getting into. I just decided I'd do it once and get what I needed (wanted) such as FEL, 4WD, Hydro.

Man that FEL has been a lifesaver.

urednecku

I agree on the FEL Doc. I had a Yanmar with no FEL. I looked into installing one and what I was getting into. I just decided I'd do it once and get what I needed (wanted) such as FEL, 4WD, Hydro.

Man that FEL has been a lifesaver.

THATS A FACT!!
That also reminds me, the 4wd is a MUST in my opinion, with FEL. Too many times I've had to put it in to move a load on the front. Now I just about automatically engage if I'm gonna do any haevy work. I'm also starting to wish I'd gotten the hydro shuttle shift instead of mechanical, but $$$$$$ kept me to what I needed/had to have instead of all the extras, like A/C cab, hydro, etc. :hide:

urednecku

Hey Redneck, we're all freezing up north. How about some of those action tractor pics we were talking about the other day? Please!!!!!!! :thumb:

OK, better late than never? I FINALLY got some pics.. yesterday, getting rid of some orange trees that are dead or dying from Citrus Tristeza Virus. Yep, the boys wanted to help, too! I would have had a pic of the pile of trees, but my phone/camera ran out of battery today.

Oh yea, "THE CLAW" even works great moving the hay!

Attachments

• PhonePictureFeb09 008.jpg
    PhonePictureFeb09 008.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 26
  • PhonePictureFeb09 022.jpg
    PhonePictureFeb09 022.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 24
  • PhonePictureFeb09 021.jpg
    PhonePictureFeb09 021.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 22
  • PhonePictureFeb09 019.jpg
    PhonePictureFeb09 019.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 25
  • PhonePictureFeb09 018.jpg
    PhonePictureFeb09 018.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PhonePictureFeb09 015.jpg
    PhonePictureFeb09 015.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 22

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
Redneck, man that's cool. There's just no substitute for brute force.

I've got to move hay bales with my GL4740 later this week using the grapple. I hope it's up to it. I'm going to take some old, moldy hay bales from the farm and spread them out as mulch on my vegetable garden at the house. It's just something new and different that I'm going to try this year.

urednecku

OK, here are a few more. I need more ballast on the rear. It will pick the back of the tractor off the ground. (Yes, the R tires are full of water) In the next shot, you can see the difference of a healthy tree, with the effects of that virus in the forground.
OUCH!!! I really need to get a better grill guard, too. I had no idea that happened until I was repairing a hydro line on 'THE CLAW' later that day.

Attachments

• P_00393.JPG
    P_00393.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 21
  • P_00392.JPG
    P_00392.JPG
    272.8 KB · Views: 19
  • P_00369.JPG
    P_00369.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 20
  • P_00365.JPG
    P_00365.JPG
    244.8 KB · Views: 21
  • P_00366.JPG
    P_00366.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

howierd3866

What are you dragging in those pics? Is it a batwing? In the second set there doesn't seem to be anything to mow?
sorry didnt see this comment....yes its a off set batwing which lets you mow canal slope with keeping the tractor on level ground and the mower down the slope. As for some of these pics. the contract was for mowing 15ft wide along canal this was where I came in and he was finishing up the 4 day job in 1 day with only a few places away from the canal. So instead we use this than a boom mower which only make a 5ft pass.

Attachments

• Canal --christmas 032.jpg
    Canal --christmas 032.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Canal --christmas 039.jpg
    Canal --christmas 039.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 25

PBinWA

sorry didnt see this comment....yes its a off set batwing which lets you mow canal slope with keeping the tractor on level ground and the mower down the slope. As for some of these pics. the contract was for mowing 15ft wide along canal this was where I came in and he was finishing up the 4 day job in 1 day with only a few places away from the canal. So instead we use this than a boom mower which only make a 5ft pass.

Thanks! In your first set of pics you could barely see the grass you were mowing. It looked like mostly sand. But having lived in Florida - that isn't surprising.