09 kubota l2800 how do i add hydraulics

grump507

hey everyone
and thanks ahead of time to anyone and everyone that tries to help me
i have a 2009 kubota L2800hst with loader and though i dont have to much of a problem making/coming up with ideas to make things easier i am about to start making a grapple to mount on the loader, and unfortunately dont have a lot of money. i know they make a 3rd funtion valve for about 750. but im looking to see if anyone has done or knows how to tap into the hydraulics cheaper as i was thinking because i only need a 2 way valve/piston i could use something like a used woodsplitter valve and used small 2 way piston. i was wondering nif could just tap in where the metal lines come out under the tractor where i think it would be cheaper as opposed to buying the exact quick couplers,etc where the loader hooks up. if someone does have a way and can draw it out for me as im better with pictures then descriptions. so hopefully someone can help and again thanks to evryone who tries to help
thanks

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry I can't help with hydraulics, but I can welcome you to the forum.

For those of us than would like a grapple but just can't/won't do it, have you considered a pair of forks? With those, you can normally grab as much as the tractor can handle. An interim solution?