Win a new truck

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Tractor Supply is holding a drawing for a new Toyota Tundra pickup with a bed full of tools.

You have to visit a store to register. If you win I get the tools :yankchain:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up. I kinda like the Tundras. I know someone at a Toyota / Dodge dealership. He said the Tundras are selling like crazy. It used to be they would sell mostly toyota cars and Dodge trucks, this year they are selling mostly toyota cars and toyota trucks. 10 to one over Dodge.
It will take more time for me to be sold on the Tundras, but I sure would like a free one to work with. If I win you can have the tools big guy. :thumb: :D

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
If I win you can have the tools big guy. :thumb: :D

Same here, you get the tools if I win the truck. Now all we have to do is keep everyone else from entering.

I'm seeing more and more Tundras around. I'll look at one as soon as they offer the Cummins diesel as an option.

Jim

Mith

That's a pretty funky looking truck! Bit of a monster engine in it too!

Doesn't look like it would be much good offroad though.
That's all the craze here, big 4x4s that are useless offroad. Only good for going up the curb when you drop your kiddies off at school :D

M

mtntopper

My closest TSC is about 170 miles away. I will not even make the trip to register. The odds don't look too good either for a one trip winner, so I will no even try. Good luck to the rest of you and may the "Toyota Truck Gods" smile in your favor...:thumb:

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That's all the craze here, big 4x4s that are useless offroad. Only good for going up the curb when you drop your kiddies off at school :D

Mith,
Why are the big 4x4's useless offroad? We still have some leftovers from the BigFoot days, but those trucks can tear things up off road (IOW, they can run over anything!) But they are not much use in town as they are to big for the highway.
We have plenty of soccer moms who have the big SUV 4x4's that never ever are taken off road.
I thought your roads in England were a tad narrower than what we are used to in the USA. Driving a BIG 4x4would be a challenge on those types of roads, but should do fine offroad.

DAP

Same here, you get the tools if I win the truck. Now all we have to do is keep everyone else from entering.

I'm seeing more and more Tundras around. I'll look at one as soon as they offer the Cummins diesel as an option.

Jim

Jim don't look now, but Toyota has been building diesel engines for trucks quite a while now, they are simply not exporting them to the U.S. - YET - The big three had better have their shyeeet together when that happens.

They are also long time makers of marine diesels also.

:thumb:

Mith

Doc, they are just made to stay on the road, they have road tyres, road suspension, low ground clearance and high gearing.
"We have plenty of soccer moms who have the big SUV 4x4's"
Thats what I am referring to, big 4x4s that aren't designed to go offroad, and never do.

Trend is around here that the rich yuppies come and buy their houses around here, buy a big 4x4 SUV 'because that what you do when you live out of town' to show off their money.
You're right about the small lanes. You get real good at reversing ;)

Av8r3400

In Amerika they are now calling them "Crossovers" which is the polite way of saying "Station Wagon". "SUV" has fallen out of favor with the PC left wing nutters that made them so popular here.

They put a high roof line on a car or a low roof line on a minivan and then call it a crossover.

Personally I'd buy another FULLSIZE Chevy Blazer with a solid axle and a diesel in a minute, if I could find one. :sad:

You got it good in the UK, for light diesel selection. Too bad the steering wheels are on the wrong side. :notthatway: