2008 RTV 900 Transmission trouble

Muddturtle

Desperately looking for some advice with the transmission in my Kabota 900. Change the filters and the transmission fluid. Symptoms Before it completely warms up the transmission works fine. When it completely warms up it hesitates and feels like it's surging and vibrate underload. If it makes a difference I used Wickes filters and transmission hydraulic fluid from tractor supply

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum.

Did you have any problems before changing the filter/fluid?
If it makes a difference I used Wickes filters and transmission hydraulic fluid from tractor supply
I'm betting this is the issue but even if not, I'd fix it.

The RTV is very particular about fluids and filters. I'd replace the filters with OEM Kubota and definitely use Kubota's UDT or SUDT fluid. The RTV does not like substitutes.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I would not even consider using UDT, only the SUDT for my Kubotas. It is superior.
I'll 2nd what zoomer said. I've heard of issues when someone uses products other than Kubota filters and Hydro fluid. It costs more but is way worth it in the long (and short) run.

Muddturtle

To answer your question yes we did have this issue. Now it's more noticeable. I'm going to change the fluid and filters back to Kabota. And cross my fingers that I did her transformation.