How to service Brakes on 2012 1100

hugho

I just got a 2012 RTV 1100 from the south. Low hours (270) but due to be serviced.
All proceeded well until I tried to do the brakes. The master cyl was full and the fluid light colored. Good sign. Normally on a brake service I suck out the master cyl and add new and then bleed the brakes. My service manual shows the system with bleeder screws at the wheels. Guess what? no bleeder screws!! No way to suck out the master cyl because of a fine plastic screen which appears fixed. There is a 10 mm hex plug where a bleed screw might go but no fluid came out even with pedal pressure. And no brake lines at all to the rear wheels! I considered cracking the banjo fittings of the brake lines at the front wheels . While that might work to drain the fluid it might not suffice to bleed air out as it low on the hub. Anybody out there with any ideas?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
the rear brakes are internal to the transmission case actuated via the master cyl. the bleed screws you are looking for on the rear are on the side of the tranny. the front brakes are inside the front steering knuckle on each side and run in oil.