MF250 hydraulic woes

couchgrouch

Inherited Dad's 1986 MF250 which worked fine for 4 yrs. Hydraulic lift started acting up several months ago, hyd oil was milky so I drained the hyd oil, cleaned the strainer (spring-loaded, approx 7-8" long) located on bottom of tractor. The lift worked ok, but with some delay in raising. I tilled 2 gardens within a couple of days, then parked the tractor for about 3 wks. Now the lift doesn't work, period.

Was told by a dealer's mechanic that I needed to change the main filter, which is about 3&1/2 inches high, because I had previously cleaned the aux strainer instead of the the main filter (strainer). He said it was located on the left side, basically under the seat, had 3 bolts and no hyd lines on the cover. The only thing I found was about 7" diameter, 6 bolts holding it on, with 2 hyd lines connected, and the PTO control handle connected to the round cover.

I just to know where the heck is this smaller filter (strainer) located.

OhioTC18

Gold Site Supporter
couchgrouch, welcome to Net Tractor Talk.
I looked everywhere and can't find anything that would help you find where that strainer is located.

couchgrouch

Thnx 4 the welcome & 4 trying 2 find the other (maybe nonexistent) strainer. Maybe someone has an insight on this malfunction.... thnx again, the grouch