Show us your winch

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I'm wanting to add a winch to my tractor and my ATV. I would like to see how you all mounted yours on your vehicles and what kind and size you have.

Come on guys: show us what you got!!!! :thumb:

jwstewar

Staff member
Along the same lines, I'm thinking about adding one to my trailer, but I'm also wanting to add a tongue tool box, not sure how I can do both and keep them out of the way of my weight distribution bars. So like Doc said, post 'em up.

RoadKing

My winch, I've had her for about two years. It took the wife awhile to get used to her but when she realized she no longer had to get up to get my beer and snacks things worked out OK.

Attachments

• wench.jpg
    wench.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 153

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Winch, not Wench you fool. :)

I run a Ramsey 3000# on the RTV. It's tucked away in the grill so you can't see it.

I have a Superwinch 1500 on an ATV but after about 5-7 years now, I don't believe I ever used it. I just got it because K-Mart was going out of business and had it deeply discounted.

For what purpose do you want a winch on your tractor? There's a huge amount of difference between something like a Farmi winch to drag things to you and another smaller winch to get other things un-stuck. If it's the tractor that's stuck, that's something in the middle (or closer to a Farmi).

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow! RoadKing, I did mean the other type of winch ...but would love to see more pics of yours. The more positions the better. :D :hide:
Is she any good at pulling things out ifn you get stuck?

Archdean

More detail tomorrow,

Sometimes there just isn't enough time in my day, sorry about that. These are from this morning and I use it mainly to move the logs that hit my shoreline so that I am able to burn/handle with the FEL or just reposition!

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 129

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
THANKS Dean. exactly what i was hoping for. :thumb:

How much cable can you spool on there. Looks like you have 50 ft or more. :thumb:

RoadKing

Wow! RoadKing, I did mean the other type of winch ...but would love to see more pics of yours. The more positions the better. :D :hide:
Is she any good at pulling things out ifn you get stuck?

Doc, I'm glad somebody here has a sense of humor.

PBinWA

I have a Harbor Freight 8K winch on a standard 2" receiver plate. I have a hitch receiver at the front and rear of my truck and I also have on for my tractor. I hooked up the battery connection with a quick disconnect at the front of my truck but also have some jumper cables set up so I can connect it to anything I need. I'm not sure I want to try it on my tractor as I'm not sure if the electrical is robust enough but if I'm stuck then I'll probably try it. ;)