Hello from NE Texas

MBDiagMan

E-5, US Army 1968 to 1971
Site Supporter
I've been posting here a month or two, but answered the call for donations yesterday, so I guess I now feel official enough to post an introduction.

I live in North East Texas very close to the Red River. I've lived in Texas all my life except for 10 weeks at Fort Polk, Louisiana and a little over two years in Germany while working for Uncle Sam's Army.

My Grand Dad was a rancher in the Texas Hill Country and died while I was in the Army. My Dad and his siblings sold my Grand Dad's place before I could get out of the Army and home in 1971. I got fed up with the city and bought my place 24 years ago and raised my family out here in the boonies. All this time I ran a Ford 3000 diesel and ran it hard. I just bought a new JD 5085 to replace it.

I learned electronics in the Army and got an Electrical Engineering degree afterwards. Spent most of my career in the HMI software niche industry, but it has virtually gone away now, so I'm marking time 'til retirement in another 4 years or so.

Although my Grand Dad was a rancher, my Dad never took to it and was a mechanic, so I started working on cars, trucks and machinery at a young age so I have lots of mechanical experience.

I enjoy this humble forum and hope I can contribute a little help to the site and the members.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

We were neighbors a while back. I was born and raised in Henrietta west of you near Wichita Falls.

Moved to Dallas in 1975 and moved to Virginia in 1996.

I was close to your place a couple of weeks ago. Attended a family reunion in Henrietta and left I30 in New Boston and drove US82 to Henrietta.

Jim

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the best forum around . I have folks that live just N of New Boston and the Red and on Little River.. and spent much of my life in central La. Glad to have you here. Bordercolie

MBDiagMan

Site Supporter
Welcome to the Forum!

We were neighbors a while back. I was born and raised in Henrietta west of you near Wichita Falls.

Moved to Dallas in 1975 and moved to Virginia in 1996.

I was close to your place a couple of weeks ago. Attended a family reunion in Henrietta and left I30 in New Boston and drove US82 to Henrietta.

Jim

I've been through Henrietta many times. Home of "Pierce Sales, Henrietta, Texas."

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
A belated welcome. Another Texan isn't out of place anywhere. :wink:

I'm a ways south of you but not too far in Texas terms. I live outside a little town called Mineola. Been here for 13 years after spending about 13 years in Dallas. My wife's family have been here for ever and they are still dotted around all over the place.

Once again, welcome and since you've paid your dues, stick around. :wink:

MBDiagMan

Site Supporter
Yeah, I know Mineola. I used to do projects in Tyler, and rolled through quite often. Also, although I've never been to her place, a cousin of mine retired from Arlington to Mineola about a year ago.

MBDiagMan

Site Supporter
I failed to warn everyone regarding one of my many weaknesses. I tend to peruse posts quickly and sometimes miss important details. This sometimes leads to my offering troubleshooting information that has already been offered, or maybe pointing out the obvious.

This seems to have irritated people at times on other forums, so I apologize in advance should this cause anyone any trouble or concern. I don't mean any ill will toward anyone.

EastTexFrank

Gold Site Supporter
I failed to warn everyone regarding one of my many weaknesses. I tend to peruse posts quickly and sometimes miss important details. This sometimes leads to my offering troubleshooting information that has already been offered, or maybe pointing out the obvious.

This seems to have irritated people at times on other forums, so I apologize in advance should this cause anyone any trouble or concern. I don't mean any ill will toward anyone.

I don't think that it will bother anyone here. This is a pretty laid back board. I'd look at a second repeat posting merely as confirmation of the first one and probably lend more credence to what was being said.

As for stating the obvious, without knowing the person involved, it's often difficult to gage their level of expertise and knowledge. I think that it's often better to assume that it's minimal and let them take from the post what they want or need.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I don't think that it will bother anyone here. This is a pretty laid back board. I'd look at a second repeat posting merely as confirmation of the first one and probably lend more credence to what was being said.

As for stating the obvious, without knowing the person involved, it's often difficult to gage their level of expertise and knowledge. I think that it's often better to assume that it's minimal and let them take from the post what they want or need.
Well said Frank. I agree 100% :agree: