Console for the RTV (DIY)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I found some of the lost pictures on my computer -of the homemade console I built a while back. I thought I would clean them up and lump them together for easier viewing. Please feel free to add your diy console :)
The old thread is on NTT and I will also post that link later.

The lighted control panel is really handy! I have plugs wired from it in various places so I can control my 12 v equipment with a flip of a switch. I also put my work lights separately so I can use only what I need and save on the battery. This particular panel has different amp ratings for each flipper. Being lighted, it helps me remember to turn things off. There is a picture of it from the backside on the link below. ( that picture is still lost on my hard drive.)
The overhead lighted console came from a wreck off of e bay. It is really handy to keep up with sunglasses also :) It is wired to the panel.
The radio with weather band, is wired to the panel so I can flip it on and off easily.( Gotta hear my K-LOVE to keep me marching on.)
I also built a little box of plywood to put my binoculars in and finished it out with a small piece of aluminum angle surround. The box can't be too deep though or it will not fit because of an indent in the plastic roof. It is visible there by the radio.
bordercollie

edit to add link.. http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14341&highlight=console

Attachments

• DSCF4001.JPG
    DSCF4001.JPG
    25.7 KB · Views: 522
  • DSCF4011-001.JPG
    DSCF4011-001.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 498
  • DSCF4013.JPG
    DSCF4013.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF4021.JPG
    DSCF4021.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 492
  • DSCF4060.JPG
    DSCF4060.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 490
  • DSCF4063.JPG
    DSCF4063.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 489
  • DSCF4066.JPG
    DSCF4066.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCF4103.JPG
    DSCF4103.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
A few more pictures of the console :
I should mention that I used fiberglass resin to finish out the console and give it a finished look. Then I sanded it and used some leftover spray in bed liner spray to give it a finished look and cover some imperfections in my workmanship. Then I used some of the clamps from e bay that BCZoom recommended . I have that info in the older thread here but will post it when I get the chance. I like them though because they make a nice fit and allow me to swing down the panel should I ever need to work on the wiring.
bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF4107.JPG
    DSCF4107.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCF4108.JPG
    DSCF4108.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 499
  • DSCF4118.JPG
    DSCF4118.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 496

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
FANTASTIC job ......REALLY GOOD.........The lighted switches are really handy day or night, I find. Lets you KNOW that the accesory SHOULD be working when for some reason it isn't. That happens with my "Bumper Buddy" motor from time to time so it's really handy to just look up and see that it is still on, not working, or should be............GREAT WORK.......lol...of course it is, it's ol Bordercollie.......God bless.....Dennis

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you Dennis and Two Guns. I had went back and read over the old console thread I started here and know that I rambled on it, so thought I would repost with some added pictures.
I hope members will continue to add their console projects to either thread. I will try to add improvements as time goes on. collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Awesome BC. I will add this thread to the 'sticky'. :D

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
That's a mighty fine console, Bordercollie! Your talent rivals Peanut's in a different material. : )

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thank you wheezer. :) It is a real life saver for me to be able to just flip a switch. and keep the power point available for other things. Comparing me to Peanut is a real honor and compliment . :) bordercollie

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Folks, the picture don't do any justice for BorderCollie's overhead console. I had the pleasure of actually seeing her setup. I tell you, I wanted to bring it home with me; however, she kept a sharp eye on me while visiting. Great Job, Bordercollie! I thought you'd have mine completed and shipped to me by now?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Thanks pepr, I enjoyed meeting you too. I have had the honor of "collecting " some fine friendships here on Doc's NTT forum :tiphat: collie