2005 Kubota rtv 900

G

I just want to know how they compare to the Mule and the Gator or the Ranger.I found one that has 715 hours on it and it looks in pretty good shape. I started it and it fired right up. It is a diesel. The company wants $6,400 is that a good buy or is it to much? It seems like a lot of hours for a 2005. What do you think? I do know one thing it is built a lot more heavy duty than the others. I just want to know it that is a good price or not. And what to look for that might be trouble.</P>

</P>

Thanks Todd</P>

</P>

</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Todd,

Which model is it? (Worksite, Rec....)

I really haven't done a depreciation analysis on the RTV but that price does seem very reasonable.

If I apply a simple depreciation model to the RTV, I come up with:

Initial cost = $10,500
Service = $3,000 (oil changes, tires... over the years)
Total = $13,500

Engine life = 4,000 hours (estimate) I use this to determine the "useful life" of the RTV. I also depreciate the machine $200/year.

$13,500/4000 hours = $3.38 per hour
715 hours = $2415 off the new value
$200 depreciation for 1 year

$10,500 - $2615 = $7885 <<<< This is what I would think it's value should be. Adjust up or down based on general vehicle condition, service performed, options added...

Brian

G

I'd snag it, thats a great price. These are tough to find used. We've had 6 so far (4 from the same place that bought 4 new ones) and they all sold at over $8,000 within a weeks time. </P>

</P>