Here's a "Talk About Anything" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
My brothernlaw gave me a pair of steeltoe boots years ag.he's in the marines an they went from the old black design over to the light brownso he gave the black obes to me.I know it has to be over 10 years ago an they are finally showing wear on them.he wore them for a year or two in the marines an I now have been wearing them almost everyday sinse he gave them to me.maybe the goverment should start holding all clothing an well pretty much verything to comply with thier standards .maybe then we will start getting so quality back un the stuff we buy.

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Anyone watching the Rotella banner across the top of the forum pages?

No, I don't even look at the ads. Seriously.

Fred
progress.gif

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
Can't help thinking of Bczoom who went up to Buffalo and east this weekend. Folks along the lakes are dealing with a butt load of snow. Over 5 ft. and still falling.

Attachments

• coming to work.jpg
    coming to work.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 132

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
This thug got deserved this !!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTQu9gB11E8[/ame]

ENJOY !!!!

......... two guns

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Can't help thinking of Bczoom who went up to Buffalo and east this weekend. Folks along the lakes are dealing with a butt load of snow. Over 5 ft. and still falling.
There was a lot of snow and damn cold too. The high for the weekend was about 18 degrees. There were cars in ditches the went off the road all over the place. Needing 4-wheel-drive on a major interstate isn't something that gives you a good feeling. Hit some white-out areas where you couldn't see 50 yards in front of you. You just hope the cars in front of you didn't stop...

xtruckerbob

wild life camera with email

We have someone prowling around our farm and I want to know who it is. This week while we were at the VA in Jackson MS. someone came and threw a set of steps out on our farm, another time it was trash. (I bet they don't know I am not stable and there written documentation to prove it.) I have heard of cameras that will email the pictures. I was planning on hiding one in the eve of the shop where there is electric WIFI from the house with the other on the lake over 1/2 mile away with no improvements. We have ADT alarm systems in the house and shop but seems there is no human to talk to.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
We have someone prowling around our farm and I want to know who it is.

Now, get you the infared wildlife cameras. The WIFi does not always do what they are cracked up to be. ( That what was told by several who had them, they might of got better, and maybe NOT )...............

BUT, I can guarantee you this. I've been using these cameras for a long time.
And they will catch 'em. DONE CAUGHT MANY !!!!
I've even put a camera watching a camera if it was where I had to get a photo, but know that it would be seen. Caught them steeling the damn camera with another camera. A Thief is a damn Thief. Period.
Save yourself a bunch of B.S., and get you some good cameras, and I don't mean them cheap 59$ toys from walmart either. Get Good Cameras. And put them out. I've hid them under old beer boxes, wooden pallets, hid them in old oil boxes that looked wet and mashed up. There so many ways to hide them. AND THEY WORK >>>> Then do what got to be done !!!! :cuss:

............ two guns

Attachments

• CDY_0028.jpg
    CDY_0028.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 103

xtruckerbob

We have had a wildlife camera at our deer feeder with obvious deer signs for 3 years. All we could get was photos of red squirrels, blue birds, red birds, 12 or so raccoons, 4 rats, several possums, and the neighbors cats - finally got a photo of a beautiful doe. Some tracks come up to about 20 feet from the camera, guess that one is camera shyl

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Nothing lower down than a thief ! collie

That is 110% correct bordercollie.

Now the price of the infared cameras has went down much. It is easier on the pocket book to " secure " a area better.

Moultree makes a camera now I'm interested in. Don't know what model it is, but there are several men using them now for security.

They are infared. They are user friendly. And they can be set to take a picture every 30 minutes to every hour, on top of what you have it set for.
In other words. Instead of it getting triggered by movement or a heat source. It automaticly shoots a camera shot 15 min. /, 30 min or / and one hour. That will cover the things/ objects / or people who is out of trigger range. And that is great. For you would be surprised what is seen that is further away from trigger range. We have caught trucks "slipping in around gates / cattle gaps etc, and while they think they are not getting seen. The are "Popped" with the auto shot of the camera.
.... Infared in the only way to go now. No flash, and you can do video also. They just keep on screwing up in front of the camera, and don't even know anybody is even watching.

............ two guns

Attachments

• smart fox.gif
    smart fox.gif
    12.9 KB · Views: 103

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Just got a replacement Moultrie for one pointed at my feeder.......A solid infrared all the way and yes, one can time it, trigger it, or set it for movement. No flash and the movement sensor seems to be around 50 or so feet with the infrared "flash" covering that distance. I don't know how long you have had yours pointed at your feeder; but this season I am getting very few deer showing up yet........Bumper harvest of acorns will soon be gone and I expect in a few weeks they will begin to show up........

I have one cam pointed at where I stake out the tree rats that I shoot around the house ( I hate waking up at 2 AM with scratching and such in the attic and walls......takes me back).......So, I get LOTS of predators on that.....coyote of course, fox a lot, and an every now and then bob cat......

On the feeder cam.......LOTS of turkey every day, a coon or possum every now and then

As Jamie says......spend the money you need to get what will work well for you....My wife is getting a 4 camera wireless video system for Christmas......She wants to be able to see what is going on at the barn at birthing time......So, I have a need for seeing what is coming into the gate down on the road, cover the trail coming into the place from another direction, and then be able to cover another path or two.

They have 2 way audio, MOTION turns them on and with an alarm, 30 day recording of up to 8 cameras, 12 V. so I can use a motorcycle battery and solar charger, 100 foot infrared, and 450' range with extender antennas for double that........Yes, I know some of that range is sales hype; but the reviews from customers discuss that and even if it is half that range I will be happy..........

I totally value my privacy here. Am NOT a hermit at all; but I want to know WHO is coming into my perimeter and be ready for them by the time they get up to the house.........God bless.......Dennis

Heatwave

So ... does your new rig wirelessly beam the pix to your home computer? This is very interesting. I hope you'll give us more info after you start using the rig. I'd like to learn more. Thanks for posting.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The Moultrie has a chip or hooks up to one's cell phone and yes, there is some way it supposedly sends automatically to one's cell phone.....I don't do that so cant say. I just pull the chip or hook up a camera to it, download to puter or cam and get it for viewing........

The Video stuff supposedly goes to your smartphone, puter, or tablet........I plan on using a monitor and perhaps my wifi laptop on the home network......we shall see.......God bless.......Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
The Moultrie has a chip or hooks up to one's cell phone and yes, there is some way it supposedly sends automatically to one's cell phone.....I don't do that so cant say. I just pull the chip or hook up a camera to it, download to puter or cam and get it for viewing........

The Video stuff supposedly goes to your smartphone, puter, or tablet........I plan on using a monitor and perhaps my wifi laptop on the home network......we shall see.......God bless.......Dennis

Dennis,
Could you share the model Moultrie you have. I would like to take a look at one ....

thanks much !!!
.......... jamie

creekman

Hello. Been lurking here and learning here for a few months. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Ya'll have been very helpful breaking me into my 900. After making a few changes to mine over the last few months, I love it.

I bought one StealthCam and two Moultries about five or six years ago. They all were infrared night time, single pic, multi pic, video, or you could set for a combo of video and still pics. I bought them for wildlife and security. The infrared was acceptable but not good enough for legal identification. I used an 18mah battery for each of them and the fully charged battery would last about two months. Got some wonderfull pics and video but gradually they have all died - dont know why - and I had two or three batteries to die during that time. So the cams were a few hundred each and the batteries were maybe fifty. For a hobby expense, I gave up on them. If possible to equip yourself with a permanent quality security system, I think that would be a better choice.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hello. Been lurking here and learning here for a few months. Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Ya'll have been very helpful breaking me into my 900. After making a few changes to mine over the last few months, I love it.
QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum creekman !!!!

Sink you teeth right in and let 'er go !!! We respect your thoughts on things and will like you to tell us all your opinions on all discussions.
Also, we love pictures ....
Also, we love to help you spend your $$$$ >>>>

So jump on in !!!!

Again, thanks for picking us >>>

............. two guns

Attachments

• Whistle-at-girls-jpeg-300x232.jpg
    Whistle-at-girls-jpeg-300x232.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 78

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Dennis,
Could you share the model Moultrie you have. I would like to take a look at one ....

thanks much !!!
.......... jamie

Jamie......I have the I 65 and I 45..........They are or have discontinued these but I picked up an I 45 from them like 2 weeks ago for less than $100.........The 45, to me, takes better pics for some reason so I saw the one super cheap that they were getting rid of and couldnt turn it down. I already had one, so YES, am happy with them.......The I65 does have a viewer there with the camera so one can get a "mini" version of the pics right there on the spot.........With the 45 I plug in an old digital camera that I keep in the RTV and see pics that way without having to take the chip/card down to the house..........

I did the cell phone bit for awhile when I was having problems with a fella coming around........Yes, it works and yes, it is very useful for letting you KNOW right now that something is going on.....It does cost money though.....Some things, like peace of mind, are worth whatever it costs.....God bless, Bud.......Dennis

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Jamie......I have the I 65 and I 45..........

Some things, like peace of mind, are worth whatever it costs.....God bless, Bud.......Dennis

Thanks much Dennis,
And that peace of mind, is a blessing itself !!!!

.......... jamie

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jamie......YOU have been doing the cam thing LOTS more than me....What is it that you use?........Golly you are neighbors with Moultrie aren't you? I remember when I was doing the Bumper Buddy purchase and then the return of a motor you knew them as they were right down the road..........Or is that another outfit?.......

YOU get up early Bud.......God bless.......Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.