Ford 8N value?

tlk

I have a restored 1949 Ford 8N listed in the classifieds with pictures. Does anyone know here what the going value should be for one of these? Thanks for input

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Been looking around a little more. The $3500 I previously stated may be a bit high in today's market.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
We just sold a 9N in excellent running condition (rebuilt/resleeved engine and 12V alternator system and new radiator) and no leaks with 70% rear tires and new front wheels/rims/tires….but not a restoration). for $1800 in the Shreveport area. It took a couple weeks advertised for $2K on CL to find a buyer.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

I had just done a search of all Ford's that have sold at the Mecum Gone Farming Auctions over the last several years.
A nice 8N that is not perfect but still has paint and isn't all rusty seems to average $1995.
Perfect museum quality resto's have went between $4000 to $6000
And anything over $6000 up into the 20's was a Funk or something with a V8 transplanted into it.

Over here in Canada I just had a guy try to sell me a 49 9N and he wanted $6500 for it. But I bought my 3000 diesel instead. And yes I overpaid for it also, but I wanted it, LOL
I learned something, pretty much everyone on Kijiji and Facebook Marketplace I have had interactions with is dishonest and selling painted up junk, LOL