Looking for a finishing mower

Thorgie

I have a kubota bx2350, and about 2 acres to mow. Can anybody advise me as to the best size of mower to get, and does anybody know of a good used one available? I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.

Thanks!

zionview

I have a 4 foot rear mount on a BX2200. I would rather have a five footer, but the dealer made me a deal I couldn't refuse on the four footer. The 2200 plays with four feet.

Thorgie

Thanks for the advice! I found a used 5' mower in a neighbouring community. Now I just need to figure out how to hook it up. The two arms of the rear p.t.o don't seem to go down far enough at all. I'm not too sure if I have to buy different ones or not. I will have to contact my dealer.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The two arms of the rear p.t.o don't seem to go down far enough at all.
I don't have a BX but that sounds unusual. The limiter at the control arm (that you lift up and down from the seat) isn't in play, is it?

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We have a BX2350 and the arms seem to drop plenty far to hook up a mower. We use a 5' belly mower that does a good job.

Is it possible the used 3 point mower you are looking at is missing a couple of parts, like the links that allow it to float on the ground independent of the 3 point arms?

I have a woods 6 footer for my L3400, I'll see if I have a pic it showing the links.

Jim

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Here's the Woods mower showing the links.

This pic is just after I bought it. I've put the front caster wheels back on it.

Jim

Attachments

• DSC00018.JPG
    DSC00018.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 381