Turn key dont turn over

Flynryan115

have a 05 900rtv don't know what happened went out to start wont turn over.
all dash lights work, new battery (just in case)
checked all fuses replaced the relay.
if I pull wires off relay and jump them it will start right up.
been over this I don't know how many times,
anyone have a clue what it could be.?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
The only time mine acted like it was in gear when I would try to start it was when the safety switch was bad. Like Dennis , I am curious about the relay you mentioned.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
When you're jumping things, are you using actual jumper cables?

Most of the time when I encounter this issue, it's the battery cable itself. It looks good on the outside but there's corrosion inside the cable. It can carry enough amps to give instrument lighting but not enough amps for starting.

To test, run jumper cables in place of (or parallel to) the battery cables and see if you get a better result.

Flynryan115

where is the safety switch at your talking about?
both battery cables are new. the positive was nasty so ordered it when I ordered switch.

Flynryan115

new cables, new starter switch new battery.
turn key like not powering the starter jump the wires at the starter relay turn key starts it up.

Flynryan115

don't have to use cables to jump start.
12 gauge wire at starter relay where the fuse box is located. jump 2 of the terminals and turn key fires right up.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
sounds like your neutral safety switch is bad or needs adjusted. think of it like this. the machine thinks it is in gear.

Flynryan115

looked at the picture 2004-2005 don't have that sencor there in the middle so its internal or some place other.
If I jump the big black with yellow stripe that goes to starter and the big black with white stripe that goes to ing. switch and turn key it starts up. they both meat up at the starter relay second relay from right in the fuse box area.

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Below are several threads where we talk about this situation in 04, 05, and 06 models. The neutral safety switch shows up just as you talk about. It is on top of the transmission as you look down on it with the bed raised. It's by the linkages or the trans...........each thread below has pictures and discussions. God bless......Dennis

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16947&highlight=neutral+safety+switch

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forum...48&highlight=neutral+safety+switch#post117048

http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15011&highlight=neutral+safety+switch

Flynryan115

Found it ! First of all thank for all your help on here.
The last pic showed me where it was and I had a broken wire where it slides on to safety switch. Could not see switch hidden under a boot , I looked at it several time but thought it was a hose not a wire , something's just bite ya.