NH 1925 tractor with FEL ?

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Hi Guys , I just ran across what looks to be a decent new holland 1925 This is all I know so far ( 1925 New Holland Tractor with loader, dual PTO's, 3 Pt, 4 wheel drive, 3 cylinder diesel ) I,m waiting to call & get more info on it , Hours & overall condition . I,m needing a ballpark figure of what it might be worth . I,m going to try to buy it this morning sight unseen so any info would be appreciated . Thanks Bob

Edit , I just called & it has 3369 hours on it , Is that to many hours ? They say its in great condition & asking 6500 cash ? Thanks .

Last edited:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Doc , I thought the hours were high as well but I here if they are takin care of thats not really a problem . I,m looking for something newer with a little bit more HP then my Iseki , its only 25 HP & an mid 80,s model , its a horse but i,ve downsized to just it & a 6 foot finish mower & the Iseki runs it fine but after an hour or so i,m thinkin its a bit much .

I,ll finish my heavy digging & loader work with the iseki , But thought I,d like to have a little newer one for mainlly mowing & moving dirt & such & I,m assuming parts aren,t a problem for the NH if I needed them . Plus its in my price range & has a rops .

Now to really sound stupid , What are dual PTO,s ? I,m waiting for them to call back , so I,ll see what happens . Thanks again, Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Dual PTO's are very desirable. They will allow you to run your FEL and have a box blade that can be adjusted via hydrolics rather than having to hop out of the seat to adjust it. They are the bees knees for box blading. Probably other uses but box blading and regular rear blade work are what come to mind for me.

As for NH parts, my first tractor was a Ford 8N. Loved that tractor. It was made in 1952 and I had no problems getting parts for it, so I'm sure you'll be able to get parts for a 1925 that was made between 1997 and 1999. No problem. :D

Erik

Doc? I thought dual remotes let you hook up extra hydraulics and dual PTO meant back and mid-mount PTO.

OTOH, Bob that sounds like a decent price if it's been maintained well.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Doc? I thought dual remotes let you hook up extra hydraulics and dual PTO meant back and mid-mount PTO.

OTOH, Bob that sounds like a decent price if it's been maintained well.
Oppps. Erik is correct. I messed up on that one cowboy. Got myself mixed up. sorry. :hide:

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thats kind of what I was thinking on the duel ptos , Just didn,t know for sure . My Isekis Got electric over Hydraulic for the 3 point which tilts it side to side . Oh well Right now I aint sure if it matters I aint heard back yet .

Second time in 2 or 3 months someone said what they had & what they wanted , I offered to buy both sight unseen for what they were asking in cash & pay to have them delivered , Because the price seemed more then fair . I aint got either one of them , Nor a return phone call . I guess times aint as tough as some think . Thanks for the input though , I liked the looks of the tractor so I might look out for another one similiar . Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
It's a shame but there a so many scams and warnings about unscrupulous buyers that buy stuff sight unseen that these sellers might be leery of you. It might sound to good to be true kind of thing. Or they are worried that when you see it you might change your mind and cause them to go through the hassle of a return negotiations.
If you can find a way to go see them. JMHO.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
I understand what You mean Doc , I wouldn,t blame them either . Except I,ve been doing things this way for a few years now & no problems . I dont try to bargain down the price , I trust people for what they say & pics help alot .

Yep I,ve made a few bad deals , this way. But it works out most of the time . Most of the deals I run across are people I,ve dealt with before Or Someone I know sends them my way. The other one was the Kubota with all the attachments the Guys goin through a divorce & wanted to get rid of it . Changed his mind though I recon .

This particuler tractor I knew nothing about & They dont know Me . But I,m perty sure the first one that looked at it bought it & problly for less . But I might here from them in the next few days too. Ya just never know . But thanks for the input . They,ll be another one I,m sure . Thanks again. Bob

Erik

Bob, try looking Ottawa Compact Tractors up on Google.
They're about an hour from me up here and had a kubota 3010 w/loader the last time I drove past, but I don't remember the year and hours. I suspect Doc can tell you what that model is capable of if it's in the size range you're looking for. Don't remember their asking price, though - sorry.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks Eric , Only thing I could find is McConnell Machinery Co Inc in Ottawa . All they show used is way out of my Pricerange right now . But I,ll check them from time to time .

I Did receive a phone call on the NH last night , The nice gentleman offered to deliver it to me for ONLY 9500 cash :rolleyes: . Seems he was the first 1 to look at it & the owner gave him the #,s of all interested partys . Nothing like trying to make a quick 3 grand I recon :badidea: I wont tell You what I told him. :D . Oh well , I,ll find another one aint like I,m in a big hurry . Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Seeing the 3010 mentioned I had to check em out. McConnell Machinery Co Inc in Ottawa does have a 3430 listed for 17k. It has a cab and a/c but no FEL. HST & 4wd w/ 336 hrs on it.
Boy they do have some real big expensive tractors there. :eek:

Erik

McConnell machinery is not the place I'm talking about.
I'll try to stop and get better details & a phone number for you on my way home Saturday. (I'm in the Ozarks at the moment)

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Howdy Fellers I just found this one . Wundering if anyone has any thoughts on it . New Holland TC30 Tractor .MOVING - MUST SELL!! EXCELLENT CONDITION New Holland TC30 Tractor, 2-Wheel Drive, 185 Hours, Turf Tires, Always garaged and maintained
Includes: 72" rear mount finish mower deck and 58" rotary tiller
Delivery Negotiable

He,s Asking 7500 . I offered 6 grand & He,s going to let Me know today . He bought it new . Its 2 wheel drive & no loader . But I think it would last Me forever as far as mowing & tilling . Just looking for opinions . Thanks , Bob

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Agree's 6k would be a fair price, but I'm afraid you would be disappointed with 2wd. Or I suspect you would have to upgrade the tires / wheels to R4's or Ags to get work done on your place (another 1000 or 2000 if you need rims). 4wd on CUT's is what gives them the power to do much of the work in spite of their size. I had an older 2wd tractor with AG's and it was okay, but was sure glad to get a 4wd tractor. Such a difference.
Understood, 4wd units might be hard to find for 6k, I know, I looked for a couple years before breaking down and buying new. But, if you had to buy new rims and tires to get your work down you could be spending 2k more. JMHO.
Good luck with your decision Cowboy.

Cowboy

Gold Site Supporter
Thanks fellers , Well He made My mind up for Me . He promised to let Me know one way or the other By 6 pm . I called at 9 Pm , Let Him know I wasn,t real happy I hadn,t heard from Him . :furious:

Coarse He Himhawed around & Said Well the First that wanted to look at it After I talked to You , Said He,d take it sometime this week , I,ll Let You know if He backs out . :notthatway:

I Asked Him who called first & Do You understand what a site unseen cash offer if You bring it out today Means . His Reply was , Ahh, Well I dunno , But You were the first to call . I Said good Enough , My offers off the table at any Price . You could have 6 grand cash in Yer pocket Today & Never have to worry about hearing from Me again , even if it broke down the same day . Good luck with Yer guy showin up . I Guess I Misunderstood the MUST SELL Part . :soapbox: .

Sorry I guess I,m just different then Most folk . If He would have at least called like He said He would , Might nota Pissed Me off so Much . If the Guy offered More I got no problem with that Either . Just gettin tired of Folks acting like its an Ebay aution . Thanks for lettin Me vent & the info Fellers :respect: . Bob

Erik

most folks don't really understand what "cash on the barrelhead" really means.
I worked in a pawn shop for a couple of years and folks would come in and ask what our "best price" or "cash price" on something was. then they'd either try to make a lower bid, or they'd want to pay with a credit card and have us eat the tax -- and get uset when we wouldn't "deal"...
They couldn't understand if I drop my price 20%, I'm not going to eat another 10% in costs.
Same thing with us purchasing their merchandise -- they'd ask what our top dollar was for an item, then get mad when we wouldn't come up from there, even when we showed them a similar item already on the shelf for sale for less than their asking price.

Good luck with the tractor shopping. If I make it over by Ottawa one of these days I'll get the guy's phone number for you.