A Real Spirit Lifter- Southern Fried Apple Pie

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Today was one of those days when I needed a little pick me up. It was muddy, drizzling and chilly and I had outside work needing to be done. Well, I went home and got one of these little pies. I put it in my pocket and took off on the RTV-suddenly everything was better. Fried in peanut oil and not greasy at all, the little apple pie would have lasted all day in my guarded pocket ....but for me- it sure did lift my spirits though.:)Get ya one too. Bordercollie

Attachments

• DSCF2921.JPG
    DSCF2921.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 263

Kanook

You Southern folk sure know how to cook up good treats....Fried beaver tails up here in the North....Wanna trade?

ki0ho

Gold Site Supporter
Looks good there BC.....mine would be tart rubarb..........the problem is I cn not will not stop at just one!!!! maby 4 or 5

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Kanook,I think I'll pass on the beaver tail... But it might be good with hush puppies and a LOT of ketchup! :) Bordercollie

Kanook

Kanook,I think I'll pass on the beaver tail... But it might be good with hush puppies and a LOT of ketchup! :) Bordercollie

I see that the key operative word here is LOTS of ketchup. ......I gotta' come clean on this one however..

Deep fried beavertales (note the spelling) are a dough that because of their flat nature vaguely resemble our noble national mascot's tail after being cooked. They are a popular item sold from shacks along the Rideau Canal during the local winter carnival that ice skaters munch on ..

Hate to think about what a real beaver tail might taste like ...even with a whole bunch of ketchup