Net Tractor Talk

Go Back   Net Tractor Talk > Prospective Buyer Forums > Buying and Pricing Forum

Buying and Pricing Forum Post questions about buying or pricing here.

Old 06-27-2016, 02:59 PM

jssihs is on a distinguished road
Question get money back?

hi. question. I have wired money to a dealer to buy a tractor. changed my mind and want a different, costlier model. dealer will not change. the tractor has not been delivered...can I refuse delivery and still get my money back? thanks for any help. john.
Old 06-28-2016, 03:07 PM
Chief Bottle Washer / Admin

Doc is on a distinguished road

If it is not the tractor I wanted I would sure refuse delivery.

I can't say about getting the money back. You will have to see that dealers policy. But I sure would not accept a tractor you know you do not want.

I can't imagine a dealer trying to force a tractor on you that you do not want. Strange. Good luck.

Other Fun Forums:
Forums Forums .com +++ Net Pet Talk Forums +++ Net Cooking Talk Forums +++
Old 06-28-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
If it is not the tractor I wanted I would sure refuse delivery.

I can't say about getting the money back. You will have to see that dealers policy. But I sure would not accept a tractor you know you do not want.

I can't imagine a dealer trying to force a tractor on you that you do not want. Strange. Good luck.
another person said it would be very difficult to get the money back and that I may as well enjoy my purchase. it is however strange that the dealer would not want to sell a costlier machine. they said they had ordered the backhoe and moved the machine from another one of their five dealerships in mid to northern Wisconsin. that cost was probably $200 for the move. smh. but that machine will be here tomorrow. I will never wire money again nor will I deal with these a-holes ever again.
Old 06-28-2016, 05:18 PM

I tried one last time today to get a different machine. they would not budge from a 10% cancel fee. $3600 boys and girls. couldn't bite the bullet on that, so I will take the machine. it is awesome, but I wanted one a step up in grunt to the ground power. well...next time, but not with this dealership in north Wisconsin. :P
Old 06-30-2016, 06:31 AM

Man, I do not blame you. I can understand a 10% restocking fee but if you have not taken posession of the item they are not restocking. Like you said a $200 or so cost for moving the tractor from one dealership to the other might be reasonable.

But you wanted to buy another machine. How can they say no? I'm not sure what I'd do but I'd be tempted to hire a lawyer and fight the folks who do business that way. I know, it would take time and cause you to wait even longer on a tractor but man oh man, that is not the way to do business.

Did you try talking to someone over top of the person you did talk to? I understand if you were talking to the owner there is no place else to go, unless it is the son and you cna talk to the father. good luck. I sure hope you do not need any warranty work on the tractor. Dealers like that give them all a bad name.

Other Fun Forums:
Old 06-30-2016, 05:31 PM

I just got done talking to one of the owners. he backed up his sales person and that ratty g.m.. I learned never to wire payment and not use overnight mail...but rather, use snail mail. that way, you have time to call the bank and kill the deal...if you choose. another thing, a ratty salesman will tell you how much they have done for you and if they can, they will say how they ordered parts that are on the way. news flash for me...so what. the stuff should not be ordered before the cash arrives...that a-hole salesman was just lying through his snakey teeth. in fact, I think I dealt with a set of dealerships that are indeed a den of snakes...a lesson learned for me...hopefully for anyone else reading this thread also.
Old 07-01-2016, 06:18 AM

Sorry to hear this JSSIHS.
No tractor purchase should start out this way. Normally we are like a kid at Christmas. Sad to see your experience went so wrong and the GM and owner will do nothing about it.

Other Fun Forums:
Old 07-01-2016, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Sorry to hear this JSSIHS.
No tractor purchase should start out this way. Normally we are like a kid at Christmas. Sad to see your experience went so wrong and the GM and owner will do nothing about it.
no problem. learned lesson. the deal i ended up with was excellent. the deal i missed however, was a SUPER deal. but, this novice missed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jssihs For This Useful Post:
Doc  (07-01-2016)