sound strategies

poke

I dearly love my x900 but wish it would be quieter. (WS, no cab)
I have removed some rattling plastic but am wondering what could be done about the transmission whine bouncing up behind the seat. The empty bed can also be deafeningly loud.
Have any of you treated your rigs for noise?
I don't expect to be listening to soft music though it would be nice to hear myself think (for what THAT is worth)
Thanks
Fritz

Fitch

When I had the bed coated with RhinoLiner it quieted it down a lot. At least it doesn't rattle and vibrate so much.

For the rest of it, I sort of like the noise it makes. If the noise stops, it gets expensive, fast. : )

Fitch

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Try a search for "sound deadening" or the like.........There are some old threads about this with Two Guns providing LOTS of methods that work...........

For me, I got a horse stall mat from TSC, cut it to size on my table saw and threw it in. I take it out from time to time to wash under it, as it traps LOTS of stuff, like fertilizer, dirt, mud, etc..........It surely does cut down on the vibration noises and deadens the engine/trans noise a bit...........
Also, With a bit or two of the left over scraps, I made some little blocks that are epoxied to strategic places to keep the tail gate from rattling..........THAT really helped.........God bless.......Dennis

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
After having a Polaris Ranger 400 HO my RTV X-900 seems really quiet!��. I have the same Rhino Liner as Dennis as well as the mat from TSC. I am sure these help. I also have a windshield and metal canopy that has a headliner. I added a Mylar back window that stops the draft, dust and snow from finding its way into the cab. I am sure this helps with noise as well. I can carry on a regular conversation in the cab while rolling down the road.