useless bits of information

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
been doing chores with the bota and just bored to tears. so i came up with the idea of testing the speed of the X1100C with stock tires,hot humid weather and soft sandy roads before i switch to a different set of tires. i used a garmen gps to run the tests. but first i needed to check the accuracy of the gps so i hauled it around in my truck and scientifically check it against my speedo,all was well. i then decided to get the local police radar to check truck speed against their radar thingy along with the gps,all was well. "so much for scientific". i then began hauling the gps around in the X1100c to see if the speedo in it jived with the gps. what i found was after the oil warmed up on mild grade soft surface roads the speedo would read 24 and the gps would read 24.8 or something and when the speedo read 25 i was more near 26 and a few times i made it to 29 on the gps. so my scientific conclusion is that most of the time the actual speed is nearer the next higher valuation on the factory speedo. i wonder what bigger tires will do ? i also wonder if the turbo version would lug less and carry more speed?:whistling::starbucks::17875:

TrevNB

I have a X1140 and I "modded" some rims and tires on mine with 245/60/17. Flat i can get around 35. Stock unit other than that. I have seen 38 going down the odd hill.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
that is interesting. i know the speed on these is a function of rpm and flow from the pump and gear ratio. changing the OD of the tire wheel combo would change the ratio but i was unsure if the engine had enough torque to use the higher ratio.

TrevNB

Each tire weights 65lbs. Speedo will read 32 but your right its a rpm to flow. Mind you its not made for speed. Mines more of a work, go to camp, hunt and fish. I also had about 1500lbs of gravel in the back the other week. Worked awesome. funniest thing i noticed was removing the front windshield for summer. it made a difference

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
if your speedo is reading 32 and your tire circumference is greater than stock you are going faster that indicated.

OldMasterTech

I'll add some equally useless remotely related info, changing golf car tires from stock 18" to 23" (O.D.) resulted in a 4 mph gain measured with GPS. I did not really notice any torque loss as the buggy was used in a flat campground on Cape Cod.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I'll add some equally useless remotely related info, changing golf car tires from stock 18" to 23" (O.D.) resulted in a 4 mph gain measured with GPS. I did not really notice any torque loss as the buggy was used in a flat campground on Cape Cod.

Thanks. is the golf cart electric or engine driven?